Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Debates & Arguments (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Obama's Patriot Act (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=21570)

Scuzzy 02-28-2010 01:59 PM

Obama's Patriot Act

Democrat House passed it.
Democrat Senate passed it.
Obama signed it.

Done. Feel free to attack them as you did Bush. Or be called a hypocrit, either way is fine.

Scuzzy

Hype 02-28-2010 02:07 PM

gotta love america, democracy is fake.

GenghisTron 02-28-2010 02:57 PM

Not surprising in the least. Also, anyone remember back to when Obama criticized the Bush administration's domestic/foreign policy, and in the very next breath introduces a measure that goes BEYOND Bush-era policy?

If you still buy into the Democrat vs. Republican thing, well, you have my condolences. At the end of the day, there's very few, minor differences between them.

Hype 02-28-2010 05:04 PM

How the hell is he is able to do that?

the system fails.

Innoc 02-28-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenghisTron (Post 466670)
If you still buy into the Democrat vs. Republican thing, well, you have my condolences. At the end of the day, there's very few, minor differences between them.

I completely agree

GenghisTron 02-28-2010 05:36 PM

It's all about this.

Hawk Eye 02-28-2010 07:34 PM

For those of us living in a cave- mind explaining what just passed?

Not necessarily an opinion on it- but the actual bill.

Scuzzy 02-28-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk Eye (Post 466702)
For those of us living in a cave- mind explaining what just passed?

Not necessarily an opinion on it- but the actual bill.

Patriot Act, same one that was unanimously approved by congress under Bush but was considered "horrible" by the democrats. You know, the reason the democrats believe they were elected was to get rid of it... The one that they say makes us not safer but actually less safe. Same, exact, bill. Guess they don't want us to be safe.

Scuzzy

Professional 03-01-2010 12:12 AM

News flash: Democracy died long ago. Its a slow downward spiral from here. As GhengisTron said, they're pretty much the same party anyways, just represented by different industries.

Unfortunately as some of the rhetoric that msnbc is spinning, the democrats seem to just be getting lazy now.

Note: I haven't heard the entire speech or researched anything related to this bill, infact no one in this thread has even managed to post the name of it unless its called "Obama's Patriot Act"

uBeR 03-01-2010 12:47 AM

Professional, you aren't supposed to know what anyone here is saying. It's as if someone spoke to you in tongues and expected you to make some sort of response. It would be absurd, of course. That's the whole point of partisan spin. You're not supposed to know what "Obama's Patriot Act" means, except that it's supposed to scare you.

Here is a news link that can hopefully shed some light for you in a manner that you can actually understand and without nonsensical platitudes. Astute readers will note that Democrats unfortunately had to withhold protections to privacy because they lacked the required amount to block filibuster from Republicans.

GenghisTron 03-01-2010 01:21 AM

You can't honestly project the blame on anyone else BUT the Democrats, uBer, come on.

S. 1692:

USA PATRIOT Act Sunset Extension Act of 2009

Sponsor:

Sen. Patrick Leahy [D-VT]

Cosponsors:
Benjamin Cardin [D-MD]
Dianne Feinstein [D-CA]
Edward Kaufman [D-DE]
Amy Klobuchar [D-MN]
Bernard Sanders [I-VT]
Sheldon Whitehouse [D-RI]

Did the republicans force them to do that too? What stopped the Democrats from just... letting it expire? That way, they don't have to face the evil filibuster, and they don't look like a bunch of hypocritical assholes. So both the House AND the Senate voted for it (aka Democrats voted for it, after they sponsored it) and then Obama, a Democrat signed it. And you're telling me that Republicans are somehow responsible for all this? I personally think both parties are a joke, but come on, let's get real here.

stray kitten 03-01-2010 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hype (Post 466681)
How the hell is he is able to do that?

the system fails.

I have been wondering this since his 2nd day in office.

Scuzzy 03-02-2010 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uBeR (Post 466732)
Astute readers will note that Democrats unfortunately had to withhold protections to privacy because they lacked the required amount to block filibuster from Republicans.

I believe the term you're looking for is: Veto.

Scuzzy

Iggy 03-02-2010 03:35 AM

I can't say I'm totally surprised.....

Saddened.... yes..... but not surprised.

Scuzzy 03-02-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iggy (Post 466824)
I can't say I'm totally surprised.....

Saddened.... yes..... but not surprised.

Which is what I hear a lot of democrats saying. It's interesting, while the campaign was going on they all cheered at the "change" that he'd bring, they all touted the lies she spoke, but now that he's doing the same thing it's "Oh well it's still Bush's fault, Obama's doing what should be done!" Riiiiiight.

Where's the change?

Scuzzy

YomMamasHouse 03-02-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Same, exact, bill
Same, exact, bill...... minus everything but three sections.

Iggy 03-02-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuzzy (Post 466844)
Where's the change?

Scuzzy

It was in my pocket, but Pelosi found it.

Scuzzy 03-05-2010 01:41 AM

-----

The Obama administration announced today that they're reading all your e-mails. Discuss how bad Bush was to detract from this fact.

Scuzzy

Hawk Eye 03-05-2010 07:15 AM

^ Evidence?

Scuzzy 03-05-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk Eye (Post 467051)
^ Evidence?

If you're not familar with projects Einstein, Einstein 2, and Einstein 3 you've been living in the dark the last couple of years.

Scuzzy