Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Maps (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   ff_alpine_dm (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=12244)

Gator- 10-08-2007 08:31 PM

ff_alpine_dm

01-07-2008 update:

link taken down - releasing a final version - and I do mean very soon

GeoKill-----> 10-08-2007 08:44 PM

I'm Still Loving it

BlisTer 10-08-2007 09:56 PM

i like your mapping style. gj

Skanky Butterpuss 10-09-2007 05:39 AM

it looks sweet but i was kind of sad that its just a regular dm, i thought the point of midair maps was to make it so only airshots did damage :confused:

Ihmhi 10-09-2007 08:57 AM

Dude, that looks fuckin' sweet. That is what DM maps should look like for this game. Excellent job!

Why are there never any multiple arena DM maps? What, are there people running 2 player servers? ):<

Player 10-09-2007 07:25 PM

The map looks funky. There is one thing I must comment on--the trees; the trees in the skybox look too uniform! That is not the focus, however...the focus is on that soldier shooting at you :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skanky Butterpuss
i thought the point of midair maps was to make it so only airshots did damage :confused:

Rubbish maps

Ihmhi 10-09-2007 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Player
The map looks funky. There is one thing I must comment on--the trees; the trees in the skybox look too uniform! That is not the focus, however...the focus is on that soldier shooting at you :P

Rubbish maps

The trees need to be bunched together more and lower. You can just put all of the trees on the same level and have them look denser. It would make sense if you take into account the treeline.

Also, a suggestion: how about a red sleigh crashed into one of the mountains with a skeleton in it and eight- wait, nine reindeer skeletons? :lol:

Skanky Butterpuss 10-11-2007 04:12 AM

Quote:

Rubbish maps

youre a rubbish map

Player 10-11-2007 07:44 AM

I know this, but not as rubbish as those daft airshot maps--especially the ones with quad :P

Sh4x 10-11-2007 10:54 AM

lol... thanks for stealing my html code :lol:

see www.yannricher.com/ff

GeoKill-----> 10-11-2007 09:14 PM

^lol So True

Gator- 10-12-2007 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihmhi
Why are there never any multiple arena DM maps? What, are there people running 2 player servers? ):<

This map can be played 2v2, 2 soldiers against 2 soldiers or 2 demoman vs 2 demomans or 1 soldier/1 demoman vs 1 soldier/1 demoman. I will not be making another arena, this is not mulch_dm. This map can either be played "mulch" style or ass_dm style, yall choose.

Quote:

the trees; the trees in the skybox look too uniform! That is not the focus, however...the focus is on that soldier shooting at you :P

Go right ahead and texture me some pines with snow on it and they won't be uniform.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skanky Butterpuss
it looks sweet but i was kind of sad that its just a regular dm, i thought the point of midair maps was to make it so only airshots did damage

This is not a midair map. Also, from what I recall, airshots weren't the only ones that did damage in midair maps [only in midair maps that were released later on].

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihmhi
Also, a suggestion: how about a red sleigh crashed into one of the mountains with a skeleton in it and eight- wait, nine reindeer skeletons?

Model it :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh4x
lol... thanks for stealing my html code

see www.yannricher.com/ff

I know you love me and wouldn't mind, but guess you do. Not like it is some complicated html code br0... :) I did it only because it is organized in installation and such. Though mine is better because of the slideshow :)

Thank you for the kind words, I hope yall enjoy it!

totoro^vi 10-12-2007 06:41 AM

Quote:

Go right ahead and texture me some pines with snow on it and they won't be uniform.
I don't think he means the trees themselves so much as the fact that there seem to be two rows of them with equal spacing between each tree. It struck me as odd too when I looked at the screenshots.

I think the map looks good though, I'm a fan of snow themes =p

Player 10-12-2007 04:32 PM

It was quite obvious, really :P

Gator- 10-14-2007 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoro^vi
I don't think he means the trees themselves so much as the fact that there seem to be two rows of them with equal spacing between each tree. It struck me as odd too when I looked at the screenshots.

I've known this before releasing the map, it's quite obvious. I was just giving an idea to blend some more trees in.

Gator- 11-22-2007 11:54 PM

I got a new pc and no longer have the bsp - anyone willing to upload it? (for those who downloaded it). Thanks

[AE] 82694 11-23-2007 02:28 AM

I uploaded your original .rar file.Update your dl link.

alpinebeta1.rar

Gator- 11-23-2007 03:47 AM

thank you sir!

[AE] 82694 11-23-2007 04:20 AM

Now that I uploaded your file how about going back to work on a final for Dr,Satan's map pack? You can't say you don't have the bsp anymore.:lol:

_MJ_ 11-23-2007 01:36 PM

pics or no clix