Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Chat (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   I am Legend Movie Review (SPOILER) (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=13536)

DarkeN_HellspawN 12-24-2007 04:31 AM

I am Legend Movie Review (SPOILER)

Pretty good but could have been better. I got shivers when Will Smith had to choke his dog to death. It made me feel all special on the inside. The feeders looked somewhat fake but who in the hell knows what they would look like. They were also way to damn strong. Did I mention he chokes his own dog to death!!! That part was worth the entire cost of admission. I give it 3.5 stars out of 5.

dh

Innoc 12-24-2007 05:24 AM

DH, you might want to white out or indicate that you have spoilers since you just mentioned a pretty significant plot point on a movie that's pretty new to theaters.

GeoKill-----> 12-24-2007 06:08 AM

Just saw it today
Man what a sad movie

Innoc 12-24-2007 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeoKill----->
Just saw it today
Man what a sad movie

Agreed. I think there's much that could have been done to improve it. I seem to recall Omega Man being better.

GeoKill-----> 12-24-2007 06:16 AM

I should check it out then

Paft 12-24-2007 10:01 PM

He at least deserves a temp ban for that. And the inability to pick yellow as his user group.

Hawk Eye 12-24-2007 11:54 PM

I cried 4 times.

BinaryLife 12-25-2007 12:33 AM

I thought it was half-way decent. I didn't like the ending, it was a little preachy. And by a little I mean way to god damn preachy. But other than that I enjoyed all of it. Will Smith did an excellent job acting. I read that the ending we saw was re-shot last minute because they didn't like the original ending they had filmed for the movie. I'm interested to see what the original ending was and how seriously it impacted the plot.

As far as sad, and touching, there weren't a great deal of parts that really hit me that hard. No misty eyes for me during this movie. However, if you want to see a really well done movie that will jerk your emotions nicely see Atonement.

It's a period love story during world war 1. Which sounds boring and annoying. But the directing is amazing as well as the writing and acting. Everyone does a great job and the story is great. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783233/plotsummary (full plot summary)

C-Aim 12-25-2007 06:02 PM

Wow what the fuck man, way to spoil one of the best parts of the movie for everyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BinaryLife
I'm interested to see what the original ending was and how seriously it impacted the plot.

They're probably saving it for the DVD

Deadly Furby 12-26-2007 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BinaryLife
I thought it was half-way decent. I didn't like the ending, it was a little preachy. And by a little I mean way to god damn preachy. But other than that I enjoyed all of it. Will Smith did an excellent job acting. I read that the ending we saw was re-shot last minute because they didn't like the original ending they had filmed for the movie. I'm interested to see what the original ending was and how seriously it impacted the plot.

OMEGA MAN's storyline and ending is here if you would like to compare:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Omega_Man >>>>SPOILER<<<<

BinaryLife 12-26-2007 04:36 AM

I like that ending a lot better actually. Only a few things would need to be changed to make it work with the I am Legend version.

Etzell 12-26-2007 06:44 AM

The Last Man On Earth was better. :P

DarkeN_HellspawN 12-26-2007 12:17 PM

Ehhhh.....Sorry about that........

I did not think that was a spolier at all since the movie was a remake and even I knew that during the first trailer on tv with the dog that it would die. In even before going to the movie you knew it was going to contain suffering and without anyone else being around how would Will Smith character suffer now after being through so much. I got it....Kill the dog. It was an easy way to make the audience feel with the character and become attached to his feelings as movies try to accomplish. It had the adverse affect on me since now Will Smith would not have to feed the dog anymore saving him some much needed time. I do apologize if anyone has felt that this gave the movie away and even though I do not agree that was a major point in the movie I do apologize none the less.

dh

CatzEyes93 12-27-2007 08:58 PM

I had heard that it was originally a book, but until this thread I did not know it was a previous movie... 2 times.

I loved the movie. Perhaps others didnt care for it cuz we didnt get the complete happy ending we all assume is coming?

BinaryLife 12-27-2007 10:28 PM

My problem with the ending was that iwas abrubt, and preachy. A friend told me the book also had an abrubt ending, but in a movie it didn't work well at all. It just stopped being on. The story line finished in like 2 minutes. I know the last chapter of the book was more than a paragraph and the movie should have portayed that.

Other than that I just disagree with the message being preached. And since it was a little preachy it just didn't sit well. I had trouble swallowing it and I think it took away from a different message that existed, regaurdless of intent.

sorry for being vauge, but I don't know if anyone left is going to hate spoilers.

DarkeN_HellspawN 12-27-2007 11:15 PM

After being gone away that long............

from female companionship he would have made time for a little bump n' grind. She was good looking and ready to go so he should have tried before nightfall hit.

dh

Iggy 12-28-2007 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatzEyes93
I had heard that it was originally a book, but until this thread I did not know it was a previous movie... 2 times.

I loved the movie. Perhaps others didnt care for it cuz we didnt get the complete happy ending we all assume is coming?

You must have missed the "New Releases" thread...I mentioned that at least twice.
;)

MegaTurtle 12-31-2007 08:52 AM

Also, wonderful movie. I can't really compare it to it's previous versions but I really loved this one. Only problem was that the end had a huge freaking swing towards religion that was completely not necessary.

Paft 12-31-2007 09:10 AM

Am admin edited the title later on.

MegaTurtle 12-31-2007 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paft
Am admin edited the title later on.

Aah, edited.