Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Advertisment? (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=16608)

WetWired 07-19-2008 05:53 PM

Advertisment?

I was just curious as to what was being done about advertisement. I heard a rumor about FF being available for download through steam, but I'm not sure if that was just hearsay or not.

Iggy 07-19-2008 06:08 PM

I'm going to get the FF logo tattoo'd on my ass. With a banner across it reading "Beta Team".
:lol:

Hawk Eye 07-19-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iggy
I'm going to get the FF logo tattoo'd on my ass. With a banner across it reading "Beta Team".
:lol:

Pics, that way the rest of us can take it in with us to a tattoo parlor.

Circuitous 07-19-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetWired
I was just curious as to what was being done about advertisement. I heard a rumor about FF being available for download through steam, but I'm not sure if that was just hearsay or not.

FF won't be downloadable through Steam, probably ever.

We do intend to get listed on Steam's mod list, but we're waiting for the next patch to do that.

Other than that, advertisement has been word-of-mouth or through interviews on other sites.

That's the extent of it.

WetWired 07-19-2008 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Circuitous
FF won't be downloadable through Steam, probably ever.

We do intend to get listed on Steam's mod list, but we're waiting for the next patch to do that.

Other than that, advertisement has been word-of-mouth or through interviews on other sites.

That's the extent of it.

So what would be your estimate as to the gorwth in player population for this mod?

reaper18 07-19-2008 11:43 PM

Theres really no way to know

Circuitous 07-20-2008 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetWired
So what would be your estimate as to the gorwth in player population for this mod?

Five?

More advertisement comes later. When the game is better.

Hirohito 07-21-2008 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Circuitous
Five?

More advertisement comes later. When the game is better.

I say ads should be started when you have Training, 2fort and Rock2 done.

Iggy 07-21-2008 02:01 AM

Rock2 is being done as a community map. 2fort is damned near done. We are waiting for the next version(just some slight changes....including better lighting) so we can put it through the tests. It's looking really nice. We were playtesting the "playable" version today... The newest version hasn't been compiled and added to the server. We saw a few screenshots, and the change looks really nice. It just needs to be tested.
;)

Hirohito 07-21-2008 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iggy
Rock2 is being done as a community map. 2fort is damned near done. We are waiting for the next version(just some slight changes....including better lighting) so we can put it through the tests. It's looking really nice. We were playtesting the "playable" version today... The newest version hasn't been compiled and added to the server. We saw a few screenshots, and the change looks really nice. It just needs to be tested.
;)

I thought you guys were gong to add Rock2 as an "official" map? That is, it'll be made by the community, but it'll be added into the installer after some tweaks?

pF 07-21-2008 02:54 AM

Yes and no. GambiT's a dev now :)

Nezumi 07-21-2008 07:45 AM

I'm trying to wrangle a ff-store type dealy into existence. We sell shirts with the FF logo and some grenades and a landscape panorama of 2fort at cost, and then people wear them around while they do geeky things.

BinaryLife 07-23-2008 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nezumi
I'm trying to wrangle a ff-store type dealy into existence. We sell shirts with the FF logo and some grenades and a landscape panorama of 2fort at cost, and then people wear them around while they do geeky things.

....grenades?

AaronJer 07-23-2008 07:55 AM

So far I've stolen the wallets of three people for mentioning TF2 in a good way. I believe that terrorism is the only way to help FF.

reaper18 07-23-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AaronJer
So far I've stolen the wallets of three people for mentioning TF2 in a good way. I believe that terrorism is the only way to help FF.

Ransom note ftw

Nezumi 07-24-2008 04:29 AM

See, if this forum had user titles that could only be given out by mods, atojer would have the title "Defender of Justice" title right now.

I could change it myself anyway but he'd probably wind up with another Sailor Neptune avatar if I did.