Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Tech (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   A+ Certification (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=18616)

Demasu 01-03-2009 06:13 PM

A+ Certification

Does anyone know of a good place to get some free material on A+? I have around 17 days before class starts again and I was thinking I might be able to learn and get certified in A+ by then. I have a book about it, but it's a few years old now, so I was thinking I'd probably need some more up to date material. Thanks in advance.

cfive 01-05-2009 10:49 PM

Libraries usually have several books on programming in various languages.

Circuitous 01-05-2009 10:57 PM

That wouldn't help with A+ at all.

How old is the book, by the way?

MonoXideAtWork 01-05-2009 11:11 PM

do a search for A+ practice exams.

They show you the areas where you need to study.

It's a good cert to get under your belt if you are in school, or if your employer pays for it. In the long run, it's but the first step. My number 1 tip would be get as much experience with people who know what they are doing. If you are the best with computers in your work/group, find new people that you can learn from.

Innoc 01-06-2009 01:11 AM

I seem to recall reading something about how CompTIA is getting ready to update the content of the A+ coursework. They may have already done.

Demasu 01-06-2009 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Circuitous (Post 419103)
That wouldn't help with A+ at all.

How old is the book, by the way?

It has a copyright date of 2003, so old.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innoc (Post 419146)
I seem to recall reading something about how CompTIA is getting ready to update the content of the A+ coursework. They may have already done.

I'm pretty sure they've updated it since my book, but I don't know when that was.

Circuitous 01-06-2009 03:29 AM

Icculus 01-06-2009 06:26 PM

I took that test a few years ago and it was surprisingly easy at the time. I used BrainDumps and Transcenders to study.

Here's a link to download some study guides from Cramsession.

You can always find sample test questions from a bunch of different braindump sites. The questions are usually very close to those seen on the tests but since they are submitted by users, the answers are not always correct.

Good luck,

-Icculus

Demasu 01-16-2009 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icculus (Post 419240)
I took that test a few years ago and it was surprisingly easy at the time. I used BrainDumps and Transcenders to study.

Here's a link to download some study guides from Cramsession.

You can always find sample test questions from a bunch of different braindump sites. The questions are usually very close to those seen on the tests but since they are submitted by users, the answers are not always correct.

Good luck,

-Icculus

Thanks, I'm looking into that now.