Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Bulletproof Ropes and Freezing Fog (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=23047)

Agent Buckshot Moose 10-25-2011 03:25 PM

Bulletproof Ropes and Freezing Fog

ff_monkey: Allow projectiles to go through the ropes on the bridge (not the pillars that hold the ropes).

ff_dropdown: Reduce the fog somewhat so that you can actually see what's coming out of the battlements...

y/n?

WiFiDi 10-25-2011 07:11 PM

i like this idea. the ropes anyways.

Iggy 10-26-2011 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Buckshot Moose (Post 489224)
ff_monkey: Allow projectiles to go through the ropes on the bridge (not the pillars that hold the ropes).

ff_dropdown: Reduce the fog somewhat so that you can actually see what's coming out of the battlements...

y/n?

You might want to check your video settings on the last one, I have no problem seeing the enemy battlements while standing on mine.

As for the first idea, I like it.

Agent Buckshot Moose 10-26-2011 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iggy (Post 489230)
You might want to check your video settings on the last one, I have no problem seeing the enemy battlements while standing on mine.

As for the first idea, I like it.

Well you can see what's coming out once they're near the edge. But if people are further back inside I can't see them. Video settings are all maxed out and the game runs with ~200-300 FPS. It's a rather annoying issue I have with dropdown. Maybe it was made that way on purpose.

Drakonal 10-26-2011 01:14 PM

Could be wrong but i think the map settings are specific to that fog, so if your playing sniper you have to expose yourself a bit to shoot anyone.

Agent Buckshot Moose 10-26-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakonal (Post 489240)
Could be wrong but i think the map settings are specific to that fog, so if your playing sniper you have to expose yourself a bit to shoot anyone.

They are specific to that map. And sniping is indeed where that frustration comes from. I think the main problem is that on lower graphics settings the fog apparently does not show up. I know this happens in similar cases on other maps. I remember people complaining about spy invisibility being useless on lower settings back when spies were still semi-visible while cloaked. This gives a rather large advantage to people with crappy systems! :D

When sniping on Dropdown I have to sometimes spam shots at random places to see if the damage indicator says if someone is there.

Sh4x 11-21-2012 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Buckshot Moose (Post 489234)
Well you can see what's coming out once they're near the edge. But if people are further back inside I can't see them. Video settings are all maxed out and the game runs with ~200-300 FPS. It's a rather annoying issue I have with dropdown. Maybe it was made that way on purpose.

Was made that way at the time as to help with FPS.

Dexter 11-21-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh4x (Post 496791)
Was made that way at the time as to help with FPS.

hey man how's it going? :D