View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
Matheis

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
FF vs TF 2 my impressions

Hello all,

I don't want to make this a pissing contest I just want to say my honest opinion/2cents which no one has to agree with. I would like to also state some suggestions to both the FF and TF 2 devs.

Overall I like both games equally they both have there ups and downs which is why I can't say 1 is better then the other.

TF 2- A slower pace- In my view this is a good thing considering as im getting older in real life as my health does not improve I do not have the reflexes,sight or cordination to compete with all these young kids and young adults who play this game. It is mostly cause of my handicap/age/health is the reason why I like this slower paced game.

FF- A faster pace- The speed of this game is alot faster it takes alot more concentration and you have to be more alert of things around you. FF pretty much has maintained the same pace of the original TFC which is a good thing.

Now as for me likeing it I do not hate a fast paced game but I prefer a slower paced game like TF 2 that is just my prefrence some may disagree others may agree. However, when I was playing TFC that was about 8 years ago and I was just a teenager then also my health was not messed up.

TFC- A faster pace

Some things I don't like about TF 2 medic

- I don't like how I can't poisen people or infect the enemy team

Some things I don't like about FF medic

- I dislike the healing system I have to be right next to the person to heal them. I also tend to notice 90% of the medics in TFC/FF are "lazy medics" who don't heal people inless they are infected. This is partially due to the fact that people die so fast that it's not worth healing them. Well however with TF 2's slower gameplay this makes the medic class more usefull "healing wise". I give credit to the FF team for staying loyal to the communtiy and sticking with the original TFC medic.

Some things I Like about the TF 2 medic

-I liked the "ranged healing ability it makes it much more "fun" and "easier" to heal people I no longer have to be face to face to them I can be like 1 to 2 feet away from them. This also makes people want to heal others it cuts down the "lazy medics" I also like the new syringe gun which is pretty cool and real powerfull allthough it feels like i am shooting FF/TFC nailgun.

Some things I like about the FF medic

I like how the FF devs made the FF medic exactly like the TFC medic it brings back some wonderfull memories of me giving the enemy team aids and STD's as i violently thrust my medic pack into there bodies.

Some things I dislike about TF 2 sniper

-there is no timer this makes the class way over powered
-the red iron sight laser is to small it needs to be a larger radius
-the sniper should get a pistol insted of a shotgun
-I dislike the "warcry/battlecry" it sounds like a homosexuel swedish/german man.

Some things I dislike about FF sniper

-The sniper is really nothing like TFC's sniper
-Even if you are a good shot the accurecy on it is horrible
-The laser aim radius is way to small on it
-the gun is way under powered you can't no longer 1 shot kill heavy weapon guys
-no melee weapon

Some things I like about TF 2 sniper

-I like the looks
-I like the added "melee weapon" the machate is badass. I once went on a rampage and killed like 5 guys with it.

Some things I like about FF sniper

-I like the looks
-I like it's autorifle it is alot better then the TFC one

Some things I dislike about TF 2 scout

- I believe it can't no longer detect spies which is a bad thing? anyone know?
-the scout should be able to run faster

Some things I dislike about FF scout

-the scout is kind of boring but I didn't except much because I always thought TFC's scout was boring as well. I think if a "bat" or some blunt object was added it would really spice things up. But I do not know if the devs want to change the game around. As far as I see FF is a remake of TFC with added features & physics.

- I also believe it can no longer detect spies

Some things I like about TF 2 scout

-I love the bat it really makes the class alot more fun.

FF to me is a remake of TFC which is exactly what I asked for and I thank all the devs, and community who made this game happen. FF is a remake with added features such as physics,maps,graphics. TF 2 on the other hand does not feel like the original TFC it feels like a whole new game with some of the features taken from TFC.

I really can't say TF 2 and FF are the same cause they are not it's like fruit for instence TF 2 is a apple and FF is a orange both are fruit but one may dislike apples while the other likes oranges vice-versa. As for the gameplay...

if you want a fast-paced game that is 90% accuret to the original go play FF

if you want a slow-paced game that has a easier learning curve and is easier for newbies go play TF 2. Also TF 2 has more of a "arcadish" feel to it. While FF has a more PC game feel to it.

FF's enviroment seems to be more "dark and gothic" while TF 2's enviorment feels more "gay" in the 1950's sort of way. TF 2 has a 1950's retro feel to it. While FF has more of a TFC feel to it.

I really believe most of the vet's may play FF more then TF 2 and all the newbies/kids/old farts like me will be playing TF 2 alot more. I play both TF 2 and FF it all depends on what mood I am in. Also FF/TF 2 are both not finished they both still have alot of work to do so things may change....

On a side note, I really hope the TF 2 devs do not change the gameplay of TF 2 I know it's in beta and things may change. However I hope the devs do not cave in into all these whiners who complain that the game is to "slow paced" if you want a fast paced game then go back to FF or TFC. I would really like for TF 2 and FF to remain 2 different playstyles I DO NOT want them to copy off each other. I want to keep TF 2 slow pace and FF fast pace.