View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 05:39 AM   #1
Echo Black

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Odd maneuver I found: Tap-Running

I'm not quite sure if this is all that useful, but while doing it you do appear to be running faster, and if you use hud_speedometer you can clearly see your ground speed is reaching bhop levels. Though I'm not sure if it's just displaying "buffered" momentum from the key taps or not. Try it for yourself and see what you think.

I tried with Medic so far, but should apply to any class: Run forward as you would if you were playing CS or something (W key default ), then alternate between tapping both strafe keys (A and D) quickly. If you have hud_speedometer set to 1, you should see your speed rapidly reach the low 400s, and with practice you can do it in a second or so. If you hug a wall while doing it (I'm sure everyone knows you move faster while near a wall), the momentum increase happens even sooner.

I tried doing the lower-bridge-to-cap-point run in ff_well, and apart from the screen wobbling/jittering like crazy and the overall silliness of movement, I really did feel I was going quicker.

Thoughts?