View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 01:47 PM   #18
~kev~
pmagnvs

Class/Position: Engineer - D
Gametype: Free for all CTF - no stupid clan rules
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
The author of that article writes on a high school / JR high level - so dont put too much credit with it.

When writing a professional article, the author should reframe from using the words "I" and "you." This practice is taught in the most basic of college grammar classes. When using the word "I," the author is trying to bring attention to him/her instead of the subject matter. With a quick glance at the article, 5 - "I's" were counted. This shows the author is more focused on what he/she "feels" about the the game, instead of the facts surrounding the game.

Perhaps websites like half-life2.net should be a little more picky about their authors writing skills. This is a poorly written article by a lower educated person (maybe a JR High (middle school) drop out) author.

In other words - who ever wrote this does not have clue!! Who knows, maybe the author had to look up fortress-forever in wikipedia before he/she wrote the article.

Editor - Write an article about FF.

Author - what is FF?

Editor - I dont know, look it up. Its a mod that was just released.

Author - ok, I'll write something up if I have to.

Editor - yea write something up so google will index our site with the key words "fortress-forever."
~kev~ is offline   Reply With Quote