Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Industrial
I disagree with the concmaps (as well as funmaps etc). They are a meta game so different from the original they even spawn a NEW player base of people who have no interest in killing other people. I have met players who have never played tfc as a CTF game. I don't believe this kills a game's community, as you can play both (one to do something fun and different once in a while).
That is the skills community. I think they are a very important aspect of TFC. I mean, if anything, they are excellent training for learning to conc in CTF and stuff.

Every O Med I ever knew in TFC also ran concmaps like some sort of addiction. They were always trying to better themselves, always trying to improve their skill.

I do not view this (somewhat) seperate community in TFC/FF as a weakness. Rather, it is a strength!

Let us compare TF2's gameplay modes to FF's gameplay modes (past and very near future I hope):

TF2:
-Capture The Flag
-Command Point

FF:
-Capture The Flag
-Shutdown
-Command Point
-Invade And Defend
-Dustbowl/Palermo style play (I forget what this is called)
-Skills maps (concmaps etc.)
-Hunted maps
-Deathmatch maps
-Escape maps (let's see these in the near future!)
-Sports/push maps (push, murderball, ukfootie, pigskin, minigolf, etc.)
-Fun maps (old favorites like heavymachinery2, new classics like duckhunt)
-King of the Hill

And lest we forget, entirely new gameplay styles can be created thanks to LUA.

FF literally has 5 times the gameplay that TF2 has. Yes, it does divide the community sometimes, but it is also one of our greatest strenghts.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote