Old 10-06-2007, 02:33 AM   #14
Private_Joker
a fucking comedian
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout and Medic
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Private_Joker
That's a good point, but also consider that as conc'ing became so popular it overtook a significant amount of servers which were formerly standard gameplay (CTF, assault, et cetera.) A lot of casual players were discouraged when they couldn't find a server which wasn't on a concmap, wasn't empty, and wasn't overrun by bots.
I claim this because I've known people to say that explicitly; a friend of mine said "I used to play TFC all the time, but then it just became all those stupid conc maps so I didn't really play anymore." That's one example but I also look at how TFC is now, with lots of fun/skill servers and hundreds of servers filled with FoxBot, and I find it easy to imagine that that's how it happened.

Fortress Forever needs a lot of people to see it for its quality gameplay, which is outside its fancy graphics, physics, and features. If Fortress can gain a large community of people who appreciate the game for its essence, then Fortress will be one of the greatest games of our generation.

The war is never over!
FORTRESS FOREVER!

-Joker
Private_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote