View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 10:17 PM   #75
Gator-
FF God

Class/Position: Scout O, Medic O, Demo D/O, Soldier D
Gametype: CTF 4v4
Affiliations: [milkwood] ( GoodFellas )
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via AIM to Gator- Send a message via MSN to Gator- Send a message via Yahoo to Gator-
It's dying for so many reasons

1) Patch taking too long - not enough dedication from the dev teams [many moving on to other things/games]

2) They do not have a new website. It shouldn't be hard to make a front page post about hiring new people into the team. This would include: webmaster (to make a completely new website - something fresh and attractive), video editor (to make an official trailer, sup Randal), animator, mappers (we need more maps...), and the most important one, PR PEOPLE! Public relationships and some basic marketing needs to get going or I can't see this game to grow any further
There are hundreds and perhaps thousands of people out there that would love to finish this mod and help it out

3) Absolutely no marketing. Heck, put a paypal donating button in the 'new website'. By avoiding 'spam' and simply being mature about it, maybe we FF lovers can start going to other gaming forums to get the word out

4) I heard many times that: if you can run HL2 just fine, you can run FF. NOT TRUE. It needs to be fixed one way or another, FF is so far the most expensive game I've ever played on my computer (Source Engine)

5) People giving up on the mod simply because it seems that the most, not all, dev teams are simply giving up on it as well.

I could come up with a lot more facts, but I'm sure most has been addressed already.

SO YOU KNOW DEV TEAMS, how about taking some ACTION.

I love this game and I don't want to see it die this soon.