View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 12:38 AM   #6
cownaetion
Wizard of Milk

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via ICQ to cownaetion Send a message via AIM to cownaetion Send a message via MSN to cownaetion Send a message via Yahoo to cownaetion
I see my topic still isn't clear. Originally before I installed Orange Box, everything worked dandy. FF and everything else played/compiled just fine. After installing Orange Box, the Hammer editor got awry. It automatically reset the Current Game list with the games that came with Orange Box (TF2, Portal, Ep2). No big deal, just setup Hammer for FF again. Did that, couldn't load up Hammer with FF's gameinfo.txt. Had to replace the application ID to match one of the pre-existing mods (even though FF is there). Ok, so now after doing that, I can go back to making my maps with Hammer, however I cannot compile, but not just FF, TF2 or any mod as well. That's the problem. I cannot compile FF, TF2, Portal, nada. My solution for FF was to go back and reinstall the 5-disc version of HL2 when it first came out and then add FF. That's redundant and shouldn't have to. The point of asking here is because I know many people have installed Orange Box as well and are using the newly acquired Orange Box SDK files and am asking if they have ran into the same problems, and if so have figured out a solution or at least know why. If you can't help GambiT, please don't respond as it is over your head so it appears. The topic isn't meant for TF2 specific, it's for figuring out why FF and along with it all other bugs, are just that, bugged. Using 'Ep 1' as a parameter is a fix on Valve's website for the Orange Box distro so technically, yes, you would need it. However like I've stated it breaks the editor, doesn't even load. If Valve could actually produce something that worked right I'd be amazed but you can only work with what you've got.

So, in short, nothing compiles, the original SDK build files were/are replaced with the ones from Orange Box when installing/updating. I could hunt down the original SDK to even see if that works but then I couldn't compile for the newer mods, (Portal, TF2, etc). So is anyone using the current build files from Orange Box for FF and if so is it very recent that you've been or as soon as Orange Box was released (November). Thanks.
cownaetion is offline   Reply With Quote