Old 03-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #48
xks
Exceedingly Correct.

Class/Position: Variable
Gametype: QuakeLive CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosaur Gas View Post
You openly admit to cheating, yet imply I am an idiot? You can claim you did it to rage 5 year olds all you want, but for all we know you are just saying that to try and save face. I don't give a shit about whether you are staff or not, you are a piece of shit in my book.
I am surprised more people aren't taking this view.

One of the most famous CS gamers who is now a 'pro' gamer used to cheat his ass off in the old days and got caught on more than one occasion. This guy was forgiven near instantly by his clan (even defended to point of them denying it despite the proof) and proceeded to be allowed to continue to play in all the leagues/servers around at the time. This person has been to multiple CPL events all on the back of his hardcore cheating 'back in the day'.

In my opinion someone like that shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

You need a punishment but you also need to be able to forgive and give a second chance as almost no one can survive life without at least one second chance at something.

It's quite like a doping scandal in the olympics really, the person should be banned for at least a year from all competitions and allowed to continue after. You can't stop the person from partaking in the activity, but you can stop them from doing it competetively.

In the case of Shadow it's probably best to forget about it as it was long ago. He might have cheated but he did it blatantly in a way that identified himself and separated himself from the crowd as being a cheat. In that way it's far less irritating to the admins involved as he's an easy catch and ban.

My above example of cheating is far worse since the player hid it from everyone to gain an unfair advantage and reputation, win prizes and then when caught he got away with it directly and ended up a 'pro' gamer making money out of the game..