Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=bingo-bango=- View Post
Perhaps its the material. Skin just doesnt really seem like the right place for art. Not because its on a body, but because it just seems like a terrible choice of material to portray art. Perhaps its the quality of the artist. Most that i see either tend to achieve too much detail or realize that detail is so hard that they make it simple and it ends up looking shoddy in my opinion. Perhaps its the object of choice. I guess i just havent really seen anything that i would want to permanently put on my body just yet.

I guess i just see all of these things together as the reason for them not being so appealing to me
Your next to last point is why I waited so long to get my first. My tattoos have meaning to me.... it's not JUST a "get a tattoo just to get a tattoo" kinda tattoo. I'm not pointing at anyone on here, but I have known people who will get literally ANYTHING tattood on, just to say they had it.

I will admit that I have an addiction to them, and I've invested a lot of money into them. In my case, they are many things; A way to start a conversation(lots of people have walked up to me and asked about one of them), a reminder of some things I have been through, a right of passage(permanently changing a part of my body), Because I sometimes like attention, Because I like them(I look at them once in a while, and pick out something... some minor detail that makes me think....), there's a lot to it.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote