View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 12:46 AM   #1
MarketGarden

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Don't fuck up your college GPA

When you are in college, you should smoke weed, drink, have sex, whatever. But don't fuck up that GPA. My cousin graduated from UCLA December last year. UCLA ain't Ivy League or top public school, but it is generally regarded as a good college.

His grades were mediocre. GPA 2.6

He applied to many jobs, but had difficulties getting interview because corporations nowadays have raised hiring standards. Asking for B average 3.0 for college grads with no experience.

He will never be accepted to medical school or law school because of his low college GPA.

He will never be accepted to any PhD programs due to poor college grades.

He can't even get into MBA program in the bottom tier universities! Seems like all graduate divisions insist on 3.0, even if the business department have no issues with applicants below that magic number.

So he can't get a decent job, and he can't advance further in higher education. All because of that low GPA.

So what's left? The military is always an option. My cousin applied to Officer Candidate School, hoping to become an Air Force officer. Guess what?! The Air Force wants to see good GPA too!!!

He is crestfallen now. Out of $ and out of confidence, he is now just sitting out of the recession. I mean, he is now working 35 hours StarBucks. (Yes, Starbucks wants good gpa for their manager candidates. He tried) But shit, he absolutely feels he is wasting life.
________
Tania_Tapia cam

Last edited by MarketGarden; 09-02-2011 at 01:22 PM.
MarketGarden is offline   Reply With Quote