View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 03:00 AM   #7
battery
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I am sorry to hear that. It is likely that your cousin won't be able to earn a higher degree due to his poor academic history. As far as I know, graduate schools and professional schools are very sensitive to college grades. Nothing serves as better indicator for scholastic abilities than four whole years worth of grades. It does not matter which school one applies to. America, Europe, Asia. They all loooooooook at college grades AND the reputation of the college. It is fair to say that the road to becoming researchers, medical doctors, lawyers and army generals begin at high school. One needs to get into a prestigious college and graduate top of the class, in order to earn an opportunity. Parents aren't stupid for spend thousands to help their kids get into top college.

I don't recommend your cousin to pursue academic route any longer. His college GPA is just gonna make everything difficult if not impossible, even if he gets great employment history and community services.

If I were him, I will focus on building a career by climbing the corporate ladder. It is very typical for a college grad to become managers and directors (a.k.a. first-class workers) by work ethics alone. Education background usually confer no advantage or disadvantage at the lower-management level. To get into middle and upper manager, though, requires a degree from a prestigious college (which your cousin has), and a lot of ass kissing.

Or perhaps consider the small-business or investment route.

I would tell your cousin to erase his GPA from his resume. GPA 2.6 reads "Reject Pile" in the eyes of human resources. No one is gonna take a chance with a 2.6 candidate when there are plenty of 3.5 around. Just don't mention it til interview time.
________
HANDJOB WIFE

Last edited by battery; 03-31-2011 at 12:13 PM.
battery is offline   Reply With Quote