AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Coming back to TFC/FF, looking to help out the community

In the past week I've come back to the TFC/FF community, and I've been playing in pubs everyday for a couple hours, and I've noticed one thing--this game is great, reminds me so much of TFC, and feels much better than the release, but--pubs are just spamfests. I don't know if it's the fact that a lot of TF2 players are coming over to the community, and think DM'ing in the yard is constructive, but

Anyways, my point is, this game is great, but spamfests only serve to piss people off, and turning pub servers into an OvD environment (Think Odin's Graveyard of TFC) with strict OvD rules will turn on more people to competitive game play and not non-noob (TF2) spamfests. If there's someone out there that wishes to make their server a popular FF hangout with good players, PM me or send me your Steam name and we can hook something up. I've made some friends in pubs, and I'm trying to get some of my old TFC friends to come over to FF, and it would be awesome to have an enforced OvD server (Where new-comers are embraced, and helped) with admins on during all hours. I haven't seen too many strictly OvD servers that are full, it's mostly just general servers filled with clueless players. I think we could build up the community if we had veteran and experienced players helping the noobs and giving them guidance.

I've seen some old-school TFC pubbers come into some pubs and they usually leave after a game or two, and don't really say much. I think we can turn this game into the awesome community that TFC had, and it seems that can only happen by helping out the new comers, and not ignoring them. This game has everything TFC didn't, it has TONS of resources for new-comers; there was never a wiki for TFC, there was never developers helping people setup scripts and mods, and all the information you need is on this site--this is the perfect opportunity to make this mod work and become as great as TFC was.

Also, I'm considering returning to league play, since I hear UGC is opening up 4v4, but it depends on the times/days that they play. I'll gladly join a a clan just to join a clan and hangout, and help people out. I play most classes, but my main are Demoman, and I'm a decent Offense, can play Scout/Med. I can also play a decent Spy and Soldier, but not as well as the classes I listed above.

Last edited by GenghisTron; 10-15-2009 at 12:32 AM.
GenghisTron is offline   Reply With Quote