GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
I think pretty much any achievement that has a 'grind' factor to it, is basically what I described above. You'll also find that a majority of the achievements in the major games of today are.... mostly grind achievements.

Achievements can be done right if implemented correctly, however it would be very difficult to implement a system which didn't have grind achievements.

Just look at what achievements have done to TF2. They have entire maps/servers, dedicated to 'achievement idling'. If the developers are going to consider achievements, which they are free to do, I must warn them, from my own personal experience, that achievements can and do kill what makes games... well, games. With an already fragile community, pigeon-holing people into grinding achievements (at the detriment to the rest of the people they're playing with) could fracture the community even further. Pubs are already frustrating as they are, I'd to see 22 people grinding the 'Make them burn!' achievement, and getting a Level 3 burn 1,000 times.