View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 04:06 AM   #171
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycarl View Post
What exactly is wrong with the situation you describe? Letting one class buff other players is not "nerfing" it. The medic can heal other players, letting them be more viable on O. Is that a nerf to the medic?

One indicator of good class balance is when a mix of classes is better than all the same class.
Everything is the problem.

You aren't letting one class buff the other. You're giving the other classes the EXACT same tool he has. Why does a demoman need to fly through the air like a scout?

A medic gives people health. He does not allow them to heal others.

See the difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Exactly. You can sum up most of the "problems" in this game with this answer. So, that begs the question, is it problems in the game, or problems within the maps themselves?

Snipers are overpowered!! "Depends on the map."
SGs are underpowered!! "Depends on the map."

(Just to yank 2 out of the air)
But you can. It's not like this problem exists only on one or two maps (Aardvark for snipers, as an example). This is like... every single map EXCEPT for two.

It seems self evident that ever since the introduction of the jump pad, CTF and AVD took a dramatic dive in functionality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus View Post
WHY RUN 2 SCOUTS :
AVD doesnt make much sense unless you needed 2 jumppads...
CTF is useful for when the demoman doesn't miss a det... you can sacrifice a scout for the flag in some situations.
IVD speed gets points
AVD you are right.

CTF: Why run a second scout when a medic can do the exact same thing? So, they're a little bit slower. After the scout blows it, the higher health medic will just breeze through. Remember, he has an EXTRA conc. He didn't have to use his original conc grenade to get across the yard.

IVD: Yep. Game mode designed around speed.

Quote:
One indicator of good class balance is when a mix of classes is better than all the same class.
I'm going to think about how to take what I'm trying to say about this an minimize it in to one or two sentences.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote