View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #89
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilledsanity View Post
EDIT:

-Caltrop: instant deployment, not sure of the lasting time, but long, lasts rest of player's life.
Actually caltrops weren't instant deployment in FF, they came in a stupid capsul that once you threw then released from the capsul.

TFC's caltrops were way cooler, instantly coming out from the scout, in FF they were easily avoidable.

As for the slowing field, in CTF I never really saw it stopping an incoming enemy, so much as slowing down an outgoing enemy. It's very difficult to time a nade for an incoming enemy perfectly. And the timing is different per offensive player to boot! But once you see an incoming enemy it's much easier to time a nade to prevent him from escaping.

Problem is, that doens't help AvD at all, since the whole point is to stop the incoming guy, not an outgoing guy.

But it could definately be usefull, that coupled with the overpressure ability (what i'm looking forward to most) will most definately change the HW mechanics, and to me seems to give him more viability in more situations.
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote