View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 12:47 AM   #11
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
I may be wrong, but from what I've heard FF could be put on steam as is right now. That's the jist I got from some body I was talking to.

The biggest benefit of being on steam would actually be just being on steam. People are too lazy/untrusting to go download a game somewhere else. Steam would make the game easier to acquire. Loads of people would load it up just to check it out, and even that steady flow of 1 time players would help a little bit in retaining the ones who are actually interested.

Also there's plenty of minor changes that could be made to the game, very subtle polishes that shouldn't make any one mad. Not to mention the update this game most desperately needs is in visuals, which would mechanically change nothing. Models, animations, textures. Game could also be cleaned up substantially and made more solid and consistent. As it is, some of the movement mechanics are iffy.

Fact is there's nothing standing in the way of FF. It's dead because it's run out of man power and resources. Literally no one is working on it any more, so it's not even worth talking about what it needs. Because there's no one to get it done.