View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 05:21 PM   #5
phatfish
part-time

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Very interesting post Virinix, thanks. Its good to hear comments like that from someone who opinion carries some weight. Motivation for the dev team i'm sure.

I agree with most of what you say. I haven't noticed too many people making negative comments (no more than you would expect), but then i don't read forums all that much. It is an amazing first release for a mod, and as you say everything pretty much works how it should. Some work is needed on the cosmetics still (im not a big fan of the HUD for example) and some tweaking here and there i guess, but the core is most definitely there.

Being more popular than TF2 is impossible though; the fact is, TF2 is very good and has Valve behind it. Everyone who buys HL2:EP2 will have a copy, there is no way a mod could get installed on that many PC's.

There is plenty of room for FF and TF2 to coexist tho, and the popularity that TF2 will gain should help FF by making more players aware of Team Fortress. Players who like both will continue to play both, they provide a different experience. Those who like TF2 and then want something with a faster pace will hopefully try out FF.
phatfish is offline   Reply With Quote