View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 10:36 AM   #48
Matheis

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
So far I am really enjoying TF 2 I didn't expect it to be exactly like TFC so im not suprised it is missing some things from the original.

Overall its hard to say weather I like this one more then the original TFC, I had alot of good memories a few years ago playing HL 1 TFC. I didn't expect this to be a "remake" of TFC it's impossible to say its a remake inless you port the original to the source engine.

As for my positive/negetive feelings I have so far about this game are...

+ Medic class- I like the new melee scapel weapon it is pretty cool, I also like the syringe gun. I also like its 100 times easier to heal people now they don't have to be in front of you they can be like a foot or 2 away.

- Medic class- I dislike how we can't give people aids or poisen them like in FF or TFC. I would make a suggestion to give medic a 4th weapon which would be a syringe upon stabbing someone with it you could infect the victim and or the victim could spread the plague to his team. I know this can be implemented cause I saw in the TF 2 picture of the medic holding a syringe.

+ Sniper class Overall I have to say I like the looks/design of this character. I also like the machate melee weapon i killed 5 guys in a row with it kamakazing people.

- Sniper class I dislike that there is no timer on the gun there should be a timer on it and the red dot sighting should show up more clearly it should be a larger radius. Also there needs to be a "taunt" or "battle cry" when he is holding the machate. I also dislike the current battle cries he sounds like a gay swedish man.

+ Heavy weapons out of all the characters themes I like this guys the best the crazy russian with a giant gun.

- Heavy weapons the bullet amount needs to be increased and the gun needs to over heat after a few seconds. Other then that the class seems fine.

As for the other classes I have not played them well enough but I do want to say I enjoy playing scout and beating people with the bat. I find scout class real boring in FF and TFC.

Overall at first glance I was a bit turned off by the "cartoon theme" when I first heard about TF 2. I am not a big fan of cartoon games especilly WoW. However, Once I played it I really enjoyed the game. It is actully was not as cartoony as I thought it would be it has a more American "1950s" retro feel to it. I also liked the "slow pace" feel of the game it is not as fast paced like FF or TFC. This is a good thing in my view as im getting older I don't have the reflexes or the eye cordination to keep up with all these young kids who play the game.

So some final thought to improve it

-add poisen syringe to medic

-fix heavy weapons make it so the gun overheats and has a larger load amount

-make the radius of the pyros flame larger wider but keep the damage the same.

-bring gernades back but make it a "server option" only meaning it can be turned on or off by the admins.

-fix snipers iron-sights make the red dot bigger and add a timer to the sniper like in FF & TFC. Give the sniper a war/battle cry with the machate. And don't give him a gay german/swedish accent.

-Change the spies gun to a pistol with a silencer Why is a assassin carrying a 6 shooter revolver? he is not a bounty hunter he is soppose to be a assassin that is soppose to be silent and deadly.

thats all I can think of for now....

Last edited by Matheis; 09-18-2007 at 10:41 AM.