View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 08:37 AM   #5
o_nezumi

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Oops, forgot to mention: I haven't done a full vis. I'll need to find a time when I don't need my computer for about 2 days to finish the vis. So the framerate should see a good boost after I do that (and anyway with 4 bases the game has to render twice as much as normal. :/) Assuming that a full vis will make so much of the inside stop rendering from the outside (which is fairly iffy given the time investment I've already put into the map) the framerate should reach acceptable levels.

And most of the texturing is placeholder for FF textures, like the rusty metal that the front of the bases are made out of and the grey concrete everywhere, like in the water tunnel. Also all the GL textures (from Dr. Zaius and Ginger Lord) are placeholder. I'll replace a lot of my own custom team-colored textures with FF textures if there's a good match to reduce the file size.

And I can assure you kam that ther's little to no unnecessary face splitting. At least that I can fix. I've spent hours on optimising exactly that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam
Texturing is ... random lookin'
How do you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam
Layout is kinda... plain.
How do you mean?
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote