Thread: Beta Testing.
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 10:59 PM   #583
Uncle-Argon

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoskeletaL
thats awesome, at first i was disapointed that i didnt get invited to beta test; but in all honesty just yesterday my crew at work started working 9pm - 5am shift so i would think that is when everyone for ff beta gets together so it wouldnt have worked out for me anyways. TELL US MORE TELL US MORE HOWS THE BHOP!?!?
Just picking up on the question about the BHOP. The short answer is that its extremely easy to pick up; I bound my mousewheel to jump and was hopping about smoothly within a few minutes. I've played scout at a pretty high clan level for years now though, so I was already starting from a position of relative familiarity. It feels a little different to TFC (as do many things in the game), but once you've played the mod for a few hours things start to feel normal. I think that its a little bit slower than in TFC, but that might be because I'm not quite good enough at it yet.

Whilst we're on the subject of movement, I'd like to let you all know that the movement possibilities in FF far outstrip what most of you will be accustomed to in TFC. Combining concs, for example, with other new movement techniques should allow you to pull off some extremely high speed manoeuvres if you can time things exactly right. It should add some interesting dynamics to old maps (I'm currently using the bridge on monkey to gain momentum before launching a high speed conc into the fd), and also give mappers some new things to think about when designing new environments. The beauty of these new techniques is that they're incredibly easy to pull off on a basic level, but also offer some real scope for advanced manoeuvres.
Uncle-Argon is offline   Reply With Quote