View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 12:00 PM   #211
GhOsT

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot
The changes that have been made between the classes in TFC and the classes in TF2 are hardly revolutionary. How are they so much more unique? Some classes have actually become LESS unique, such as the Engy being unable to give armour to people due to it being removed, and the fact that class-specific grenades have been taken out of the game has resulted in less diversity. No class has gone overgone a major overhaul, apart from the Medic I'd say, and in my mind, there is actually less differentiation than in previous incarnations.
Seriously...you need to go back and reread your debate with Bob. He was not saying TF2 revoluntionized the classes. He was saying the classes in a team fortress game are much more unique than the "classes" found in other games.

Most of the time in other games the classes means you get to carry a different type of machine gun and maybe dish out health packs or ammo packs. Of course there are other differences but they usually aren't too great and the characteristics of the "base" player itself stay the same between classes. In Team Fortress (and I'm talking the defining aspect of the game, not a specific version of it) the classes are much more varried and unique.

I happen to agree with Bob and think a lot of people have lost focus on what TF really is. Concs and bunnyhopping are not requirements for TF. The unique class based gameplay is though.

With that said I understand that there are people out there who do not like TF2 for whatever reason. That's fine. That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. Just don't sit here and spam crap about how TF2 isn't a TF game because it doesn't have concs and some of the other things I have been reading over the past couple days (not replying to SS here).