View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 06:57 PM   #463
Curlydave

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I love it, and it's eating my free time. I was very impressed with FF's release, and played it for several days. They did a great job of remaking TFC, and included some improvements. It captures the feel of the old TF games, and makes me feel like I'm playing TFC/ETF again, but with better graphics. I'm surprised at just how well the TF/TFC feel is reproduced on source.

I prefer TF2. It's one of the most polished games I've played, and they did so many things right. The atmosphere and graphics are top-notch, and it's a much more teamplay focused game. I like how the classes are more specialized. For example, the medic is a support class like it always should have been. It's the most fun I've had playing a computer game in a while. They addressed many issues that nostalgic TFC players would never tolerate, like class balance, grenade spam, movement glitches etc.

I get the impression that a lot of the negative sentiment towards TF2 here is because it's not a TFC port. That's FF's territory.

Last edited by Curlydave; 09-23-2007 at 07:04 PM.