View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 09:22 PM   #468
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor-Stryker
TF2 was simplified for class balance, and it works. In a game that has Team in the title, this one finally connects, forcing players to work as a team. I was suprised when I saw 5 players on my team all rush into the base at the same time, with a medic at the core healing them all.

FF just caters to the more skilled players, which valve isn't looking for, when a medic can fly into the enemy base, infect everyone on the way, kill the sg and the engineer by him self with a grenade, grab the flag and bunny hop to freedom all the while being healed, he becomes a one man team. You'll see it regularly on normal servers.

I used to love TFC, as well I gave FF a shot, but the gameplay just doesn't grab me, its a well polished mod but it doesnt have the umph of teamwork I've been longing for.
the "team" in team fortress is primarily refereing to teams in the game, defualt of 2 as blue/red.

it's not a reference to "teamplay," although teamplay is rewarded, like other fps that has nothing to do with team fortressing like call of duty