Quote:
Originally Posted by 4est
  • FF is not a port of TFC
  • FF reduced gren blast radius to reduce spam
  • FF maps will have fewer nades available on them to reduce spam
  • Bhop was greatly tweaked to enhance gameplay
  • HW was given overheat to address balance and is still being tweaked
  • Soldier - rocket speed and blast radius were changed to address balance
  • Sniper - was given radio tags to encourage teamwork - AR was nerfed to help balance
  • spy - wow - the underwent a lot of work for fun, playability and balance
  • pyro - had a major overhual to become a viable class
  • NG and SG also had several tweaks
...etc.....etc.... I'm blue in the face... etc.
Those are very minor changes, unless you're so used to a game that that any small change is a big deal. It mimics TFC except for some relatively minor details - the vast majority of the game is the same. Fuck, the changes are smaller than the ones between porting TF to the half-life engine.

Quote:
To play down the importance of teamplay in FF is to show ignorance. Join a team, join a league and play FF in matches. You'll find some incredible teamplay.
I'm not playing down the importance of teamplay in FF/TFC/TF, I'm saying that it's more important in TF2, and it's harder for one star player to win the game alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMaltor
Where's the fortresses, all the best maps are control point
I completely agree, and wish that there were more "fortress" maps in TF2. 2Fort is the only one they included on release. Hopefully more official ones will come later, since I doubt we'll see any custom TF2 maps worth their salt anytime soon. TF2 has more Team, less Fortress. I don't have anything against control points, but part of the fun of TF was always having your big base to defend, and invading the enemy one. I'd like to see more TF2 maps like that.

Last edited by Curlydave; 09-23-2007 at 09:54 PM.