Class/Position: [O] Med
Gametype: CTF/Skills
Posts Rated Helpful 67 Times
Hmm OK.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:04 PM   #3
Sabre
Creg

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
How completely new and exciting, with craaazy folk doing things like this people will start thinking sticky bombs were meant for it!?............

Old 11-27-2007, 03:11 PM   #4
lumix

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
i think your missing the point of the video

dont chase after demomen.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:13 PM   #5
Old Scratch

Bah, TF2.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:18 PM   #6
StatisticZ
My title is... Custom.

How dare yee post TF2 footage!! But, lol@ that. That's honestly the only class I had fun playing in TF2 because the pipes stick to stuff. But, I think the FF demo is better cuz glowing pipes rock my socks.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:36 PM   #7
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

So much more fun to do to Soldiers or Pyros though.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:54 PM   #8
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
i love that
i love doing that

Old 11-28-2007, 09:35 AM   #9
_MJ_
Mapper

ban for posting tf2...

Old 11-28-2007, 06:14 PM   #10
be_

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Setting pipe-traps for heavies is so early 90's...

jk, nice vid. Short and sweet. but can you pipe one in FF?

Old 11-28-2007, 06:22 PM   #11
greenday5494
D&A Member

why does everyone just automatically hate TF2? At least give it a 1 hour chance.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:54 PM   #12
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Gametype: CTF
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494
why does everyone just automatically hate TF2? At least give it a 1 hour chance.

It's not a terrible game. My beef with it has nothing to do with its graphics, gameplay and such, which are all very good. My beef is in the title. Valve still insists on calling it Team Fortress 2

Old 11-28-2007, 09:10 PM   #13
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

It has classes and Fortress style play. Lack of grenades and spam does not make it unworthy of the Team Fortress name. Not to mention the game was developed under the lead of the original TF developers...so why do you feel it isn't worthy?

Old 11-28-2007, 09:58 PM   #14
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

It's just kinda...lacking sometimes. Like trying to kill sentries with anything other than a spy/demo

Old 11-28-2007, 10:00 PM   #15
Old Scratch

I played TF2 a bit, but it was frustrating, slow, and lacking of depth which is completely unfortress like. I don’t want to turn this into a TF2 discussion though; they have a separate forum for that.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #16
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe Green
It has classes and Fortress style play. Lack of grenades and spam does not make it unworthy of the Team Fortress name. Not to mention the game was developed under the lead of the original TF developers...so why do you feel it isn't worthy?
Because the style of play is totally different. Almost every class based capture the flag games have classes like "Engineer, soldier, medic, sniper, etc" So having classes isn't distinctive of TF. The game types certainly aren't distinctive of TF, CTF? Yeah, valve didn't come up with that.

My point is that the things that have always made TF what it is, even in the days of Quake, were the glitches and the movement, and such. The game that is called Team Fortress 2 doesn't resemble "Team Fortress" enough to have that name. It feels like a different game, it looks like a different game, and it plays like a different game. It does these things in ways that go beyond what an updated sequel should be. Changes were certainly welcome, needed, and expected but they changed too much and lost the name.

It's still a good game. It's still fun. It's just not TF.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:38 PM   #17
greenday5494
D&A Member

i agree. I never really got the OMGWOW craziness and team structure from TFC and some FF matches. In TF2, its just alot more slow, but still fun. SGs piss me off more than snipers do, they are impossible to take out.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:38 PM   #18
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife
Because the style of play is totally different. Almost every class based capture the flag games have classes like "Engineer, soldier, medic, sniper, etc" So having classes isn't distinctive of TF. The game types certainly aren't distinctive of TF, CTF? Yeah, valve didn't come up with that.

My point is that the things that have always made TF what it is, even in the days of Quake, were the glitches and the movement, and such. The game that is called Team Fortress 2 doesn't resemble "Team Fortress" enough to have that name. It feels like a different game, it looks like a different game, and it plays like a different game. It does these things in ways that go beyond what an updated sequel should be. Changes were certainly welcome, needed, and expected but they changed too much and lost the name.

Yea its a sequel to TF. It isn't a rehash, remake, or port. It is a sequel as in keeps some elements from the original but is a completely different game on its own. I enjoy the game. I think it is just as deserving as a TF game as FF.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:59 PM   #19
Peon
Altitude Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Agressive Medic or Pyro...as long as I can fly baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife

Yet more logic to heap onto the "TF2 is a dissapointment to Fortress fans" pile. As $10 games go it's not a bad deal, but it's riding on the back of the Fortress name while not staying true to it. Random critical hits are lame, lack of movement skills is a real gameplay shrinker, and where are all of the Fortresses? Maybe TF2 was the prototype for Quake TF? The original TF creators thought "yeah, we still got that old model that'll work great on a console." Why add more when you can cut it in half, and cram it into a larger package right? Fewer gameplay elements means less game testing needed, it would seem.

If you sense any beligerence pouring out of me, then maybe you should get the message that you should stop dumping all of your TF2 feces in an FF forum. I've had just about enough of all these blatant attempts to prop up a game for your own game spoiler satisfaction. One more of these, and I'm going to fire an FF nuke into the TF2 forums. Try me.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”"
- George Carlin

Old 11-30-2007, 05:22 PM   #20
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

TF2 doesn't suck. It's just isn't a fortress game. This thread is ova.

Closed Thread