greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
sister may be pregnant.

Help. I do not know what to do. Please do not turn this into a debate about our school systems or w/e. I think she is pregnant. I'm not 100 percent sure. I heard her talking, on the phone, "I'm scared", she puked in the morning, and she was retelling a conversation with my mom and this is how she said it: "I have all the symptoms, and my mom asked me "are you pregnant" and i was like "no""

I'm not completely sure, and i told my parents, i think my sister is pregnant and my mom said that she just had her period a week ago, but i heard women have their periods still when pregnant, and they spot because the egg is being planted or w/e. I asked my sister if she was pregnant, she said no, laughed, and then i said i told mom and dad, and then she flipped out.

What do i do.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:33 AM   #2
Demasu
Official FF Medic

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Do nothing? Buy her a test? Confront her? Seriously now, what do you think you can do? I mean, it's not like you're having the kid, even though it can effect you. So really, breathe, and think.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:54 AM   #3
v3rtigo
Lock 'n Loll!

Class/Position: Scout, Spy, Sniper
Gametype: CTF
Yep, not much you can do besides confirming it and and supporting her.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:09 AM   #4
Player
D&A Member

LOL

How old is your sister?

Old 07-14-2008, 11:29 AM   #5
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
Annoying people since 1986

Class/Position: O fatty, pyro - D engy, pyro
Affiliations: This space for rent.
Send a message via MSN to פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Player
LOL

How old is your sister?
Dude, that LOL was uncalled for.

How old is she? And the only way to find out is, like everyone here says, confront her, talk about it with her.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #6
Mooga
Colorless FTW
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Affiliations: SRCDS.com
Age IS important though.
I'm just telling you... if one of my teenage sisters got pregnant... You would never hear from me again because I would already be in prison for taking care of business....

Old 07-14-2008, 12:40 PM   #7
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv

She's a girl. Just wait for her to have the baby, so your mother will have a huge argument with your dad about supporting her, and she'll then move in, your mother will take full care of the child, and she won't even give a damn about it. Think Rocco's girlfriend in The Boondock Saints and her cat.

First infraction! Flaming!

Old 07-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #8
SizeableSSonic
Joystick Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Engineer or Sniper
Send a message via AIM to SizeableSSonic Send a message via MSN to SizeableSSonic
If she is pregnant, is an abortion an option?

Old 07-14-2008, 12:59 PM   #9
pF
no war but class war
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Soldier / Scout
Gametype: ctf
Affiliations: [w~k!]
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Shoulda kept your peepee to yourself.

Gay And Lesbian Fiction | Teen Books | Bath Products

Old 07-14-2008, 02:07 PM   #10
~kev~
pmagnvs

Class/Position: Engineer - D
Gametype: Free for all CTF - no stupid clan rules
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494
Help. I do not know what to do.

What do i do.
Since no one has asked, is it yours? You KNOW you should not be kissing your sister. A few shots of Jack Daniels, your girlfriend is out of town, your sister is at home and this is what happens.

Seriously though:

If your sister is pregnant, be there for her. I am going to guess she is still in school? High school kids can be cruel about this kind of stuff. It wont be long and her "friends" will be calling her names like slut, whore and anything else they can think of. Your sister will know who her real friends are, and you HAVE to be one of them.

Abortion would probably be a mistake. Years later the guilt will stay with her. She might try to blame someone for her child being aborted. this could cause problems between her and her parents. And if you support that decision, that puts you in the cross fire as well. I have heard that it could take years of therapy for some women to get over the depression caused by an abortion - especially at a young age. And then there is hiding that kind of information from new boy friends. There is a hidden depression that affects women that have abortions, its one of the points abortion clinics do not like to talk about. Depression so bad there are suicides from it. We are talking about serious, life long decisions here that should not be taken lightly.

My wife (Kristy) of 5 years (she is 44 years old and I am 40 years old) got pregnant when she was 15, gave birth at 16. She had no support chain to help. The boys parents denied the child, my wifes mother put her in a home for unwed / troubled girls. This home was kinda like a half way house. It was a place for society to throw their unwanted, pregnant girls.

My wifes mother (my mother in law) made her give the baby up for adoption. Kristy was told she either had to give the baby up for adoption, or she was going to have to pay all the bills for the child birth, staying at the home for unwed mothers and would have no where to live when she left. Kristys mother basically told her she would be turned out on the street with her new baby.

When Kristy married her first husband, she broke off communications with her mother and did not speak to her for about 5 years.

Kristy and her daughter met 18 years later and they still talk. They have met several times, and Kristy was invited to her daughters wedding - which she did attend.

For the last 28 years Kristy has fought depression, resentment and anger over the way she was treated. Having a baby is supposed to be a time for joy and happiness. Not a time for hell on earth.

If your sister is pregnant, the way she is treated right now will stay with her for the rest of her life. Take care of your sister, be there for her, support her in anyway you can.

Last edited by ~kev~; 07-14-2008 at 05:25 PM.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #11
Doctor Zyo
Manic Necrophiliac

Class/Position: O: Spy D: Engineer
Affiliations: :e0: Eternal Order
Send a message via AIM to Doctor Zyo Send a message via MSN to Doctor Zyo Send a message via Yahoo to Doctor Zyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox

She's a girl. Just wait for her to have the baby, so your mother will have a huge argument with your dad about supporting her, and she'll then move in, your mother will take full care of the child, and she won't even give a damn about it. Think Rocco's girlfriend in The Boondock Saints and her cat.
You probably just made this whole thread worth going into, for me.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #12
GambiT
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Spy
Affiliations: -=DoM=-
i told her no, but damn, she was persistant...

on a serious note, its not the worst thing in the world, if anything she doesnt need you flipping out, i dont know how close you to are but i'm willing to bet that close or not if she is pregnant she needs you to be calm and be there for her. fuck the how, when and where. just let her know its alright and your there for her.

Disclaimer: this is not an admission of sexual contact nor an admission of my likely hood of being the father.
--------------------------FF_Civibash_G(Released)------------------------
-------------------FF_Conc_G1(WIP)--------------------
-------------------FF_Hollow_G(WIP)---------------------

Old 07-14-2008, 04:43 PM   #13
Sh4x
Retired FF Staff

How old is she anyways?

Old 07-14-2008, 05:06 PM   #14
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
What do you do? Wait and see. This isn't your situation to address or handle. It sounds like your parents are in the loop. This is their issue to handle with your sister.

On a less serious note...when I saw this thread title this was my first thought...

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:10 PM   #15
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kev~
Abortion would probably be a mistake. Years later the guilt will stay with her. She might try to blame someone for her child being aborted. this could cause problems between her and her parents. And if you support that decision, that puts you in the cross fire as well. I have heard that it could take years of therapy for some women to get over the depression caused by an abortion - especially at a young age. And then there is hiding that kind of information from new boy friends. There is a hidden depression that affects women that have abortions, its one of the points abortion clinics do not like to talk about. Depression so bad there are suicides from it. We are talking about serious, life long decisions here that should not be taken lightly.
not trying to turn this into an abortion debate, but this is just opinion. i know a few girls that have had abortions, and while they definitely feel the guilt of it, they know that they would be a lot more unhappy with the alternative, having to raise a child when you are not ready, financially or emotionally, to give it what it deserves.

regardless, its not your decision to make. as kev and others have said, all you can do is support her in whatever she decides to do.
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit

Old 07-14-2008, 06:26 PM   #16
reaper18
sKeeD
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout, Demo, Solly
Gametype: Any
Posts Rated Helpful 21 Times
Send a message via AIM to reaper18
Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox

bahahaha
This did make the thread worth it
And epic movie btw, Boondock Saints

Greenday, you just need to go with it, theres really nothing you can do, just support her, comfort, all that jazz, its all you can do.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #17
GambiT
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Spy
Affiliations: -=DoM=-
how old is she? what does she look like?

i might claim it...
--------------------------FF_Civibash_G(Released)------------------------
-------------------FF_Conc_G1(WIP)--------------------
-------------------FF_Hollow_G(WIP)---------------------

Old 07-14-2008, 06:45 PM   #18
bokko
when ff will out?
D&A Member

Get off the internet and talk to a friend/relative, whoever you trust the most.

Old 07-14-2008, 07:07 PM   #19
~kev~
pmagnvs

Class/Position: Engineer - D
Gametype: Free for all CTF - no stupid clan rules
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanky Butterpuss
not trying to turn this into an abortion debate, but this is just opinion.
Agreed, lets not derail into this into an abortion thread. On the other hand, I made a statement with no supporting evidence.

So here is my evidence:

http://www.afterabortion.org/news/depressionbmj.html

Quote:
Springfield, IL -- This week's prestigious British Medical Journal reports that women who abort a first pregnancy are at greater risk of subsequent long term clinical depression compared to women who carry an unintended first pregnancy to term. Publication of the study coincides with anniversary events related to the Supreme Court's January 22, 1973 Roe v. Wade decision legalizing abortion.
http://www.webmd.com/depression/news...-is-there-link

Quote:
In a 1992 study, Arizona State University researcher Nancy Felipe Russo, PhD, analyzed the study population and concluded that most women suffer no long-term mental health repercussions when they abort an unintended first pregnancy.

A decade later, David C. Reardon, PhD, looked at the data in a different way and concluded that abortion is linked to later depression.

Reardon found that an average of eight years after having an abortion, married women were 138% more likely to be at risk for depression than married women who chose to carry unintended first pregnancies to term. The association was not seen among unmarried women.
http://www.abortionfacts.com/reardon..._character.asp
Quote:
In a study of post-abortion patients only 8 weeks after their abortion, researchers found that 44% complained of nervous disorders, 36% had experienced sleep disturbances, 31% had regrets about their decision, and 11% had been prescribed psychotropic medicine by their family doctor. (2) A 5 year retrospective study in two Canadian provinces found significantly greater use of medical and psychiatric services among aborted women. Most significant was the finding that 25% of aborted women made visits to psychiatrists as compared to 3% of the control group. (3) Women who have had abortions are significantly more likely than others to subsequently require admission to a psychiatric hospital. At especially high risk are teenagers, separated or divorced women, and women with a history of more than one abortion.
Or just do a google for abortion and depression - http://www.google.com/search?q=abortion+depression

A lot of the studies point to the abortion of the first child (or first pregnancy), and that being linked to long term depression later in life. This is something that the pro-abortion group does not want discussed, but its important to know the facts so the young lady and her parents can make an informed decision.

We are not only discussing her health at this very second, but her mental health into her 20s and 30s should be considered.

If nothing else, maybe a family member would be willing to adopt the child?

Last edited by ~kev~; 07-14-2008 at 07:30 PM.

Old 07-14-2008, 07:13 PM   #20
Demasu
Official FF Medic

Since it's been brought up, abortion is an option. But, depending on her age there could be some pretty serious psychological problems involved in both carrying the kid to term and having an abortion(even a natural abortion(miscarriage) could be devastating). So make sure she thinks any decision through before deciding. Best of luck.

Closed Thread