Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 01-22-2007, 08:05 PM   #21
o_()))crayola))_>

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
PSP's are better than iPods except for the part where they're made by Sony, and therefore probably spy on you while you sleep.

"But who cares? I bet most users don't know what a 'hidden camera directly linked to Sony's head office' actually does"
o_()))crayola))_> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2007, 08:08 PM   #22
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

I got my DS this last weekend so I'm exploring what's available. I can, however, heartily recommend Final Fantasy 4 and 5 for the GBA. I saw FF3 for the DS at Costco so I may get that once I finish 5.
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2007, 08:12 PM   #23
o_bubbles

Watching Star Wars on your ipod while taking a crap is an experience you just have to try.
o_bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2007, 08:28 PM   #24
o_geokill----->

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
The Ipod is a DRM protected device since when?
o_geokill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2007, 08:28 PM   #25
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4h
You own an IPOD and A DS. How much did that cost you? Yet you complain a PSP costs too much? On top of that youre bored cause you bought these weak devices and cant make use of them and are looking for ideas.

Thats why i said, if i had the choice between a stupid DRM protected music device "IPOD", a childish, cheapy made "DS" or the all around awesome PSP i would easily choose the PSP. The PSP can play music like the ipod, it can play movies just as a tv would, on a WIDE screen LCD. Yes you can browse the web wirelessly. Yes you can listen to pod casts and other rss feeds. Yes you can play full playstation quality games.

What do you mean theres no interesting games for the PSP. What do you play on the DS? Marios bump and jump racing? I mean seriously
I think your ban was too short. The topic starter asked for recommendations for his DS and his iPOD. I have yet to see where you've contributed anything useful. So you like the PSP. Congratulations, he doesn't have/want one so that doesn't help. In keeping in line with your style of relevancy here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:29 PM   #26
o_stricknine

Quote:
You own an IPOD and A DS. How much did that cost you? Yet you complain a PSP costs too much? On top of that youre bored cause you bought these weak devices and cant make use of them and are looking for ideas.

Thats why i said, if i had the choice between a stupid DRM protected music device "IPOD", a childish, cheapy made "DS" or the all around awesome PSP i would easily choose the PSP. The PSP can play music like the ipod, it can play movies just as a tv would, on a WIDE screen LCD. Yes you can browse the web wirelessly. Yes you can listen to pod casts and other rss feeds. Yes you can play full playstation quality games.

What do you mean theres no interesting games for the PSP. What do you play on the DS? Marios bump and jump racing? I mean seriously
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrickNine
Contact, an action rpg
new super mario bros.
mega man zx, like the classic mega mans, not that battle network shit
dragon quest heros: rocket slime, what an unbelievably fun game to play
advance wars
final fantasy 3
either of the castlevania games
meteos
metroid prime hunters
and mario kart.
bl4h, you're a fucking idiot.
o_stricknine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2007, 08:36 PM   #27
o_stricknine

I don't even think you read the topic of this thread. GAMES for commuters.
o_stricknine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2007, 09:08 PM   #28
o_nuk3m

just let it go. god these forums are starting to get so fucking gay. stop flaming people just cause they have bad ideas, if this was the case i could get away myself with a few useless thread topics
o_nuk3m is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2007, 03:45 PM   #29
o_mooga

Quote:
The DS was actually a gift from my family on my last birthday since a few days earlier our basement flooded and I lost everything I owned and used to keep myself entertained such as my Computer and Stereo. My first iPod was destroyed by a drunk friend on an international flight so she payed me back most of the money to replace it. I originally had a 4th gen 40gig that I split the price on another birthday several years ago.

I don't normally get big birthday presents. The iPod was on my 18th Birthday and the DS was because everything else I owned was destroyed. If you checked the forums you would know about my flood and how I ended up getting a computer donated to me.

Not everyone is rolling in money like you bl4h. And frankly, I knows tons of people who are and I feel sorry for how their parents have destroyed them.

Quote:

Hold on... "full playstation quality games"!?
Please explain how you can safely put Playstation and quality in the same sentence.
And since when do you have to put DRM protected music on an iPod?
And while you are talking about DRM you forgot to mention the one company that's most obsessed about it: SONY!

Seriously, I feel like I'm Mind of Mansea or something here.
Don't flame the forums just to be a dumbass bl4h.

Last edited by o_mooga; 01-23-2007 at 03:51 PM.
o_mooga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2007, 03:59 PM   #30
o_mooga

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrickNine
what do you mean cheap ds games? they all cost 30 bucks, wich isn't bad at all. Here's some games to check out.

Contact, an action rpg
new super mario bros.
mega man zx, like the classic mega mans, not that battle network shit
dragon quest heros: rocket slime, what an unbelievably fun game to play
advance wars
either of the castlevania games
meteos
metroid prime hunters
and mario kart.
O_O
Thanks!
I do have to LOL at the list though because I own about half the list ^.^
Contact was good but it's a little disappointing.
The New Super Mario Bros was TOTALY awesome. The mini games are also good.
Meteos is my current game of choice and totally awesome!

I've played Mario Kart multiplayed and I liked it but a good friend of mine said it was bad in single player. I might take a look though.
And I keep hearing good things about advanced wars! I might have to pick it up next time I work. (I work right near an EB Games and normally eat lunch right next door.)

Also, if I can recommend a game: TETRIS DS is really awesome. At first I didn't play much by I got addicted to all the modes it has.

Old 01-23-2007, 05:52 PM   #31
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooga
O_O
Thanks!
I do have to LOL at the list though because I own about half the list ^.^
Contact was good but it's a little disappointing.
The New Super Mario Bros was TOTALY awesome. The mini games are also good.
Meteos is my current game of choice and totally awesome!

I've played Mario Kart multiplayed and I liked it but a good friend of mine said it was bad in single player. I might take a look though.
And I keep hearing good things about advanced wars! I might have to pick it up next time I work. (I work right near an EB Games and normally eat lunch right next door.)

Also, if I can recommend a game: TETRIS DS is really awesome. At first I didn't play much by I got addicted to all the modes it has.
I just started fiddling with Mario Kart DS. I LOVE that some of the old N64 and SNES tracks have been updated and added. I am one of those people that doesn't like having to unlock things in SP mode so you can play in MP. I will say that with only one cartridge the fact that you can play MP wirelessly is nice. TYVM Nintendo.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:19 PM   #32
o_mooga

I'll have to look at both games this weekend.
Unfortunetly they are both about $30 or $35. :-\

Old 01-25-2007, 01:40 PM   #33
o_skull

bl4h is a mix of everything I hate in this world:
Spoiled little kid, Sony fanboy (for video-games(Nintendo ftw always)), dumb child, rich little bastard that keeps showing off his things...and so on
o_skull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2007, 03:59 PM   #34
o_mooga

lol
Just for the record I was _NOT_ trying to show off my stuff.
Mainly because I don't have anything to show off

Old 01-25-2007, 04:16 PM   #35
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooga
lol
Just for the record I was _NOT_ trying to show off my stuff.
Mainly because I don't have anything to show off
I think we all get where you're coming from. Sharing the info on the good DS stuff is welcomed ANYTIME!

Old 01-25-2007, 07:53 PM   #36
o_psycnet

bl4h: A man of quality!

Things that cost the most money do not necessarily equate best on the market.

For that matter, what kind of TV/HT setup do you have? Do you have a $15,000 70" 10th generation plasma, flanked by 5 1/2 foot tall custom built Energy speakers and a $5000 H/K tube-based receiver, all connected with $3000 worth of AR cabling?

How about the Lambourgini and Ferrari you have out in garage?

Or the 15 million dollar vista home on the French Riviera you had built last year?

Oh yeah, you don't have any of this shit because it's TOO FUCKING POINTLESSLY EXPENSIVE AND NOT COST-EFFICIENT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR MANNER.

People buy what they can afford. It's obvious you are so misguided that you think having a wicked PC and PSP will get you women, friends, more money, happiness, security, and good health.

Too bad you can't buy yourself a personality eh bl4h?

At that, lets have a 'How many friends/girlfriends/fuck buddies' thread, because everyone LOVES people who brag about shit on the internet! (or real life for that matter)

You are a pompous little dick who has deluded himself into thinking we give anything more than 1/10 of a shit about you and your stuff. You want people to stop harrassing you? Try GROWING THE FUCK UP
o_psycnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2007, 08:08 PM   #37
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Yes, of course he'll listen to your well-reasoned insults, he has no reason not to change his ways now. Well done, Psycnet, you've saved the forums.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:13 PM   #38
o_psycnet

I'm always waiting for you and Uber to jump out of the wings and point out the flaws in my logic.

No it won't change shit, but fuck does it feel good to say it

As well, you and I both know that whatever was good about the forums died long ago, and what's left will only get worse after release
o_psycnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2007, 08:42 PM   #39
o_df`

He types up these pseudo-intelligent arguments, but all I can see is "I'm a sheep, let's all dig into the corporate giants' shit and convince ourselves that it's ice cream, because they know what's best for us. Baaaa."

I can't tell if he's joking or serious anymore.

Maybe he's just playing everyone here for fools, like a random guy who wanders into a forum proclaiming that the sky is red, just to see how many idiots' time he can waste in provoked responses. If this is the case, then, kudos my friend, kudos on a job well done.
o_df` is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2007, 08:46 PM   #40
o_led

If you are bored, get some audiobooks on that ipod. I love it but im usually waaaaay to sleepy so i fall asleep while on the way to work and back :/ (having to listen to the same chapter 4 times and eventually give up on it hehe)

Stand-up comedy is also awsome to have on the mp3 player

(come see me in #msa @ q-net someday)
o_led is offline   Reply With Quote