Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2008, 04:48 AM   #1
leilei
o^_^o

Class/Position: O
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
XDFort

Remember this thread? I was just testing you guys lol. Now i'm making a Free multiplatform 'fortress' game. Damit another project

Right now i've went forward with it a bit and made a female base mesh. There will be males, but only later on since they don't make for good costume design and hair.

Probably the only unique thing of this one sticking out from the rest is the planned human skin color / hair style / hair color / eye color / face shape feature for less anonymity.

Another focus is map compatibility. The engine used does support Q1BSP, HLBSP and Q3BSP so if i put in the effort, maps intended for Team Fortress, Team Fortress Classic, Q3F and WFA could function in XDFort. (note i said function, not 'looking right'. it'd be up to the player to put in the appropriate textures to use with them). Also supported is ogg format for sound and music as well as tracker modules for music (YES)

Don't worry about OMG ADVERTISING YOUR STEALNIG THE LAST OF THE FF PLAYERS lol, i doubt xdfort will be in a comparable magnitude of popularity in this really early state. Outdoing FF isn't a goal. Making something Free (as in GPL free), cute, animey, and tiny size (20mb is the goal of release sizes) is the goal. For textures, they're going to be procedurally generated.
leilei is offline   Reply With Quote