Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 07-19-2006, 07:18 PM   #81
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
theres blatently gonna be some fast-ass banjo music going with it!

Old 07-19-2006, 07:18 PM   #82
o_xstioph

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mescalito
I wouldn't say "FF for competetive play, TF2 for fun" couse that's like saying TF2 will be more fun then FF.
1. you can't know it for sure before you tried it.
2. FF will be more fun anyway

I'd call TF2 a fooling game. You know like when you're in a mood to do something stupid, like: team killing mates, playing offensive hwguy, spawn spamming etc- you play TF2.
Well I also said there was no way of knowing... There's a differance between fun and fun.. I doubt I'll be laughing much in FF, don't remember laughing much in TFC... Not like in i.e. gmod. We'll just have to wait and see once again.

...and Portal looking like crap? That almost makes me sad. I thought it looked totally awesome! Like one of those really old
school games, but instead of selecting and klicking from a top-down view you're put in a 3d engine, in the middle of the game. Think it looks so cool.
o_xstioph is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2006, 07:20 PM   #83
o_lvgamer

Looks awesome..Good job valve
o_lvgamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2006, 07:27 PM   #84
o_digital_ghost

looks like it should be a movie or tv series. Looks like it would work in that manner. I was disappointed that never showed any game play footage though.
o_digital_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2006, 07:39 PM   #85
o_war peanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ghost
looks like it should be a movie or tv series. Looks like it would work in that manner.
Yes, and if they added the Grave Digger as the crusty old mentor and the Shock Trooper as the dopey tagalong poseur who is the butt of all the jokes, and who gets taken hostage all the time, I think we would have something amazing.

Love the way the sniper looks, like a badass ex army rangers sniper who has the experience to know his job, and the detachment which comes with his profession. The soldier is strange though. All the other characters seem to be veterans of some sort who have adjusted to real life, in some way, except for the Soldier, who seems like a crackpot, no pun intended. I also appreciate that many of the characters look like they are in their 30s-40s. Gives them character and a narrative realism.
o_war peanut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2006, 07:40 PM   #86
o_alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu!
that portal game looks like crap.
Yes, because we are talking about Portal in this thread.
Portal > TFC > FF > *
o_alligator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2006, 07:58 PM   #87
o_gman55

I wonder if TFC2's Demoman will have remote-detonated explosives. In the trailer, you can see him tossing the dynamite; there's no nade launcher
o_gman55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2006, 08:02 PM   #88
o_sensai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman55
I wonder if TFC2's Demoman will have remote-detonated explosives. In the trailer, you can see him tossing the dynamite; there's no nade launcher
I bet the dynamite is the demoman's new 'detpack.' As you can see on his model, there are yellow pipes on his vest. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
o_sensai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2006, 08:21 PM   #89
o_loyus

I was pretty impressed by the trailer and the TF2 overall style, because I find it fresh and fun. It's indeed good to be a fortress player nowadays
o_loyus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2006, 09:13 PM   #90
o_ohcanep

Will be there portals in TF2?
o_ohcanep is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2006, 09:16 PM   #91
o_valk`

lol?
o_valk` is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2006, 09:17 PM   #92
o_zydell

Ah it's good to see how clearly YELLOW the pipes on the demoman are, victory after all!
o_zydell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2006, 09:35 PM   #93
o_war peanut

Pyro

Hey did you guys notice that the giant device in the pyro's hands is actually 2 weapons together?!? The gas and napalm for his flamethrower is on his back, while the giant device hooked to the bottom of his flamethrower with the giant barrel/nozzle looks like it will create giant fireballs instead of incendiary rockets!! I hate myself so much for saying it, but I want to play the TF2 pyro now.

Oh, and Zydell your color on your monitor might be off. They look green to me.
o_war peanut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2006, 09:47 PM   #94
o_tfcog

Since FF looks like it will be way different than TF2, I think the 2 mods will compliment eachother. TF2 will definitely bring in a new audience. Once they're over TF2 they'll have to try FF.
o_tfcog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2006, 09:49 PM   #95
o_tyrus

Now we need/MUST HAVE a FF trailer! I DEMAND IT!
o_tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2006, 10:33 PM   #96
o_kastofsna

just watched it and i'm loving it. easily the most creative recreation of 2fort to date. i can only imagine how rock2 or dustbowl would look. really awesome.
o_kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2006, 11:34 PM   #97
o_bluesman

WAOW...I just love that TF2-teaser video! The game looks incredible and cool...awsome, good work Valve! I'm really looking forward to play this game.

Some in game videos would be nice to see, and a video of the game play, but I am sure we will see that later.
o_bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2006, 11:51 PM   #98
o_sh4x

wow, TF2 looks awesome. BUT it's all about gameplay.

It's looking good, but it doesn't mean it will play well.
o_sh4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2006, 11:54 PM   #99
o_dys-fuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitum
Even though it wasn't in-game, it was still pretty good. I was laughing my ass off when I saw the scout running, it's just hillarious how he runs.
Valve's Robin Walker (of oldschool Team Fortress Software) said this in an email with the Shacknews content guy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Walker
Actually, everything in that trailer is in-game. There's some extra screenspace effects on it (depth of field & motion blur), but apart from that it's all just recorded in the game. So yep, that's what the models look like, and that's what 2fort looks like now.

Robin.
When asked specifically about which animations are indeed from gameplay, here is Robin's reply. It seems that everything except the Spy animation is indeed actual gameplay footage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Walker
Almost all of the animations are game anims used while playing (scout run, hwguy firing, etc). The exception is the Spy. We don't have a disguise effect we're happy with yet, so we whipped up that animation to give new players an understanding of what the Spy class is about.

We still haven't decided how we'll use screenspace effects. It's more of a design issue than anything else.

Robin.
http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?id=12522663

A gameplay video would be damn nice... This "teaser" was really no more informative than the image showing all the classes.

PS: I think someone at Valve watched The Red Flag: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXq8d6JialA

Last edited by o_dys-fuzzy; 07-20-2006 at 12:00 AM.
o_dys-fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2006, 12:01 AM   #100
o_tennovan

Well it did show parts of 2fort, as well as how the engine renders moving models. Though the footage doesn't actually represent any sort of gameplay, it definitely shows off more than the release photo.
o_tennovan is offline   Reply With Quote