Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping

Old 09-27-2007, 01:58 PM   #1
FF|Skyrider
HL2Files Site Manager

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to FF|Skyrider Send a message via MSN to FF|Skyrider Send a message via Yahoo to FF|Skyrider
Fortress Forever :: HL2Files Map Pack

This map pack has a total of 14 maps, which are as following:

- 1v1 Duel - (By David Lohmeyer)
- Submarine Beta (By Doughboy)
- Adam's Concussion - (By Adam-g1)
- Adam's Concussion v2 (easy & hard version) - (By Adam-g1)
- Skeeball (By ben5015se)
- Rocket Jump Shiro Obi - (By John Petricini)
- Dropdown - (By Yann Richer)
- Blis2Fort - (By BlisTer)
- Flare - (By BlisTer)
- Pirates- (By Doughboy)
- 4tron - (By Nezumi)
- Blockfort - (By apox)
- aardvark Battleships - (By caesium)

Click on the map name above to go to the original thread

All maps have been given credits of the original author of the maps. Both in readme and on the description page on HL2Files. Do remember that this is an exclusive release for HL2Files.com & SteamFriends.com.. Why? Because this took me quite some time to make . If you have any comments, questions, and so on. You can either do so by replying here, or email me at Skyrider@HL2Files.com.

Last edited by FF|Skyrider; 09-27-2007 at 04:15 PM.
FF|Skyrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2007, 04:14 PM   #2
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Affiliations: #teamfail
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
official community map release sticky thread

Nice idea to make a big pack for ppl who want everything I guess, but be aware that not all the maps in this pack are final versions. For details and downloads for finished community maps, remember to regularly check out the official community map release sticky thread, which will hopefully be kept up to date with all the best finished maps from the community as time goes by.

Last edited by caesium; 09-27-2007 at 04:55 PM.
caesium is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2007, 04:16 PM   #3
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Uh, you have Nezumi's map "4tron" in there how exactly?

He never finished it.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2007, 04:17 PM   #4
FF|Skyrider
HL2Files Site Manager

Send a message via AIM to FF|Skyrider Send a message via MSN to FF|Skyrider Send a message via Yahoo to FF|Skyrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihmhi
Uh, you have Nezumi's map "4tron" in there how exactly?

He never finished it.
This map pack doesn't contains all full releases. It's never like that in the first map packs. It also contains alpha / beta, and final versions. Even though 4tron is never finished, he still released it to the public. Hence, it is in the map pack. Map Packs are mostly meant for those who wants new maps, and for the server that holds custom maps and doesn't want to download from the server.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:36 PM   #5
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Let me elaborate.

How are you getting it to work in FF? Is that to say that you finished Nezumi's work without his permission?

Considering that he is nowhere to be found, I guess that is fine... bah.

Oh, and Nezumi's name is "Gary Simmons" if you would like to add that to the credits.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2007, 09:27 PM   #6
FF|Skyrider
HL2Files Site Manager

Guess I'll remove 4tron then.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:48 PM   #7
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_frags
What do you mean "best"? That's a matter of opinion to say the least. And just because a developer posts a map he/she thinks is good and then closes the thread doesn't make it "official" and it certainly does not promote "community." It just promotes the map-maker and then makes it so that people like ff/skyryder have to do what he is doing.

FF/skyryder, keep doing what you are doing . . . and thanks alot for your efforts.

*Frags*
Huh? I believe anything from a developer is "official." That is the meaning of official.

Plus, here is the description of the thread, from the thread itself:
"This will act as a central thread in which quality community maps will be released."

Quality maps. That is the purpose. To promote quality in community-made maps. Any map that looks like it had a reasonable amount of thought/effort put in will likely make it in the thread.

It pushes the community to make quality maps. If that isn't beneficial, I don't know what is.
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2007, 12:16 AM   #8
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Affiliations: #teamfail
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
sir_frags: it seems to me like a very good idea to try to keep one simple list of finished community maps that the majority of people might be interested in having a look at or reading more about. Such a list does exist, and I was letting ppl know this (as many don't seem to have found it yet).
caesium is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2007, 12:19 PM   #9
Sh4x
Retired FF Staff

I wonder if you got the final versions of ff_dropdown and ff_openfire_sh4x in there but I don't wanna download a 100meg file just to check that.

Oh btw, I'd prefer if you'd use my www.yannricher.com/ff link for my map instead of a crappy thread on this forum. Also, Sh4x instead of Yann Richer would be much better.
Sh4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2007, 10:30 AM   #10
FF|Skyrider
HL2Files Site Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4x
I wonder if you got the final versions of ff_dropdown and ff_openfire_sh4x in there but I don't wanna download a 100meg file just to check that.

Oh btw, I'd prefer if you'd use my www.yannricher.com/ff link for my map instead of a crappy thread on this forum. Also, Sh4x instead of Yann Richer would be much better.
If I am wanting to update the map pack (the readme).. I'll cost me 200MB to re-upload it again. I can edit the description page though, and change your name on it.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:20 PM   #11
Sh4x
Retired FF Staff

So did you include the latest version of my map, the one with the .res file in the package?

I think it would just plain suck to distribute an old version of a map. That's why I was against including my map in the pack in the first place, because I knew at some point I'd be releasing an upgraded version. I asked you not to include my map in the pack but you did anyways.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:34 PM   #12
Sh4x
Retired FF Staff

yeah thats the problem actually. I didnt know about the res file so the first version is without the res files which means ppl dont get the objectives and the soundscapes when they download directly from server. But whatever, I don't really care much, I'm just saying I didn't want my map to be included in a map pack for these reasons.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:28 PM   #13
FF|Skyrider
HL2Files Site Manager

Quote:
sh4x, dont worry about it so much man. You put a map out there for dload so people can pretty much distribute it however they want. You're the one that let it out so soon before being finished. You should have put the word "beta" in it if that really bothered you. Besides, hardly anyone is dloading this map pack and most people use fpsbanana instead of filefront. I really dont know why people are still using filefront. They dont let you go back and modify the map files. At least they didnt 6 months ago when I thought about putting my maps there. But you can go there and add comments under where he put the map pack. Let people know they are getting the older version. Just go create an account and do it dude.

And I still think most people are going to want to dload the bsp directly from the server using autodload when they try to join the server.

*Frags*
Actually, FileFront / HL2Files is pretty popular. A lot of people are using it, and the popularity even grows. I'm rather un-sure why you would even say such thing. If it is really a big deal to you, I will modify the map pack, and remove all your maps.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:04 AM   #14
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihmhi
Let me elaborate.

How are you getting it to work in FF? Is that to say that you finished Nezumi's work without his permission?

Considering that he is nowhere to be found, I guess that is fine... bah.

Oh, and Nezumi's name is "Gary Simmons" if you would like to add that to the credits.
IIRC, the only thing that map needed, was the LUA file with the FF entities. It looked pretty complete the last time I saw it.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2007, 07:23 AM   #15
FF|Skyrider
HL2Files Site Manager

Quote:
I thought I was pretty clear why I wouldnt use filefront.

Also, when I submitted my first map there and waited for 3 weeks for it to get posted, I emailed the support to find out what was going on. The support emailed me back and said they were about 2 months behind in submissions. Maybe you got that fixed now, I dont know. But with fpsbanana, you retain control over your maps and you can make them available immediately and remove them any time you want. It's darn sure easy for the mapper to update his map too.

Sha4x, on fps banana one guy had posted one of my maps there that he dloaded off my server. I emailed their support to request it be removed. They had it removed within hours
-_- So what that hl2files/filefront is different? Besides, FileFront.com you can upload any file and remove it at any time you wish as well. We are not talking about any kind of upload websites in this thread though. This is a map pack thread. You can't expect every website to be perfect, so please stop talking about it on this thread.