1) Use all original textures? 5 11.11%
2) Use all Source textures? 30 66.67%
3) Use a combination of original and source textures? 10 22.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 09:07 PM   #21
sir_frags

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
No Gambit...YOU made it that way....and not one person has voted in the poll since its been moved. I didnt post it as a mapper. You dont think I know what I wanted? This was my poll and my thread...I had it right where I wanted it. And there are 2,400 more threads in the General section than there are here.

And you didnt even vote dude...STFU!!!!

Old 10-22-2007, 09:13 PM   #22
Bakedbean
Crap, where's a gun!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_frags
Lazy? You arent a mapper, eh? You know how long it took to me to get the original textures from the original map and get them over into my Source material folder to where Hammer would find and use them? And the player's models will make it very much like FF.

BTW, unless someone on my ignore list is mouthing off, I haven't seen any criticism in this thread except my reply to the forum leader for moving my thread and the other guy who tried to shut it down. I put up a fair poll and so far I've enjoyed the responses I've gotten.

And there's two times more threads in the General section and that's where most of the members of this forum post. All Gambit and the forum leader did was pretty much shut this poll down by moving it over here in the obscure mapper section. I bet the first 4 people who replied never would have replied if they hadn't seen my thread in the General section.

And thank you all for voting in the poll!!!! 22 votes so far....oh man it looks like I'll be using all Source textures.......

Credge, Dr Uudge, Icculus, SoundCh4s3r, KubeDawg, and Dr. Satan....thanks alot. Hope to see you guys online sometime...I'll frag the heck out ya
Oh boy I can see where this going... LOL
Not that sir_frags can see this, but updated textures and a total remake woould be the best way to go.

Hope it turns out.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:20 PM   #23
paranoidkirb

Class/Position: O/D Pyro
Gametype: Invade and Defend
Send a message via AIM to paranoidkirb Send a message via MSN to paranoidkirb Send a message via Yahoo to paranoidkirb Send a message via Skype™ to paranoidkirb
Quote:
No Gambit...YOU made it that way....and not one person has voted in the poll since its been moved. I didnt post it as a mapper. You dont think I know what I wanted? This was my poll and my thread...I had it right where I wanted it. And there are 2,400 more threads in the General section than there are here.

Votes are anonymous. You can't prove that. BTW, you're asking about textures for a map that you are working on. Definitely belongs in the Mapping forum and nowhere else.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:21 PM   #24
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Um, votes aren't anonymous.

1) Use all original textures?
CatzEyes93, s0undch4s3r, Sarabi (Anthrohyena), Slice
4 14.29%
2) Use all Source textures?
Bakedbean, C-Aim, Camphlobactor, Desyphur, Dr.Satan, fishBurger, Geenie, Icculus, Ihmhi, Iori Branford, neoslak, omen, paranoidkirb, public_slots_free, rkarnes, Stankyfingers, [GOO]Pete
17 60.71%
3) Use a combination of original and source textures?
Credge, Dr.Uudge, GhostBuster, KubeDawg, sir_frags, Skanky Butterpuss, v3rtigo
7 25.00%

Old 10-22-2007, 09:25 PM   #25
GambiT
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Spy
Affiliations: -=DoM=-
Quote:

um..if you didnt post it as a mapper then why should we give a fuck what kind of textures you use? i mean if your not making it and all. you must be spotting, take an aleve and chill.

also, when creating a poll you have the option of making it private or where you can see who voted and for what, so your both correct.

EDIT: your poll question says "For avanti should i" which implies that you are in fact working or thinking about working on avanti, thus proving my point that it belongs in the "Mapping" area.
--------------------------FF_Civibash_G(Released)------------------------
-------------------FF_Conc_G1(WIP)--------------------
-------------------FF_Hollow_G(WIP)---------------------

Old 10-22-2007, 09:28 PM   #26
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Quote:
No Gambit...YOU made it that way....and not one person has voted in the poll since its been moved.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah

Now there's 28 votes. Throws that right out the window.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:33 PM   #27
paranoidkirb

Send a message via AIM to paranoidkirb Send a message via MSN to paranoidkirb Send a message via Yahoo to paranoidkirb Send a message via Skype™ to paranoidkirb
Well... I've never known that. It's always been anonymous on phpBB and IPB so... my bad.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:56 PM   #28
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

So basically, this is sir_frag's before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_frags
EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD IS ON MY IGNORE LIST . . . ONE OF THE MOST USEFUL FEATURES OF THIS FORUM. THEY ARE NOT MAPPERS. THEY SPENT ALMOST NO TIME ON MY MAP. THEY DONT UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF DEATHMATCH. THEY DONT EVEN PLAY DEATHMATCH. THEY ONLY LOOK AT SCREENSHOTS AND DONT ACTUALLY PLAY THE MAP (SOME LIE ABOUT EVEN LOOKING AT THE MAP). THEIR ADVICE IS A COMPLETE AND TOTAL WASTE OF TIME (STUPID COMMENTS LIKE "GO BACK AND POLISH IT UP" OR "CHANGE STUFF THAT ISN'T WORKING WELL" WHATEVER THAT MEANS!).

I'VE HAD ENOUGH INFANTILE RESPONSES FROM THESE LITTLE KIDS TO LAST ME A LIFE TIME. I REALLY DONT KNOW WHY ANY MAPPER WASTES HIS TIME POSTING ABOUT HIS MAPS IN THIS FORUM. YOU'D BE BETTER SERVED GOING OVER TO INTERLOPERS.NET.

THE MAP WAS NOT EVEN POSTED HERE AND NO DLOAD LINK WAS PROVIDED FOR IT. I MERELY STATED THAT I HAD THE FIRST RATS MAP UP RUNNING ON MY SERVER. I ASKED TWO FORUM ADMINS TO LOCK THE THREAD WHEN THE INFANTS STARTED GETTING UGLY, BUT NEITHER ADMIN WOULD DO SO . . . IN SPITE OF THEIR "NO FLAME" POLICY.
Now he doesn't like amppers, and only wants people who "play the game" to respond...odd...

Old 10-22-2007, 10:22 PM   #29
D3pth
ModCenter Site Director

Send a message via ICQ to D3pth Send a message via AIM to D3pth Send a message via MSN to D3pth Send a message via Yahoo to D3pth
hl1 textures should never be used. ever. they don't look good. It will just make the map look like shit and it won't match the source textures. Making the floor tfc textures is a terrible idea. I wouldn't play a map with hl1 textures.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:38 PM   #30
Blueiii

Please use the source textures, as they will look way better than the original textures. Leave them originals for the HL1 maps .

Old 10-23-2007, 03:14 AM   #31
sir_frags

Hey guys....I'm switching this poll to another forum where the forum leaders and little kids wont screw it up. Before the forum leader switched my post to this section, the results were actually very close. This thread belonged in the General section where more people and the average player would have seen it. I'm not following this thread or this poll anymore, and if you didn't get a PM from me about where I switched it.....oh well.

CYA!!!!!

Depth and blueiii hahaha..I understand dudes. But you really want all your maps to look the same? I thought Avanti was one of the most realistic looking maps in TFC.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:08 AM   #32
Bakedbean
Crap, where's a gun!?

Quote:
Hey guys....I'm switching this poll to another forum where the forum leaders and little kids wont screw it up. Before the forum leader switched my post to this section, the results were actually very close. This thread belonged in the General section where more people and the average player would have seen it. I'm not following this thread or this poll anymore, and if you didn't get a PM from me about where I switched it.....oh well.

CYA!!!!!

Depth and blueiii hahaha..I understand dudes. But you really want all your maps to look the same? I thought Avanti was one of the most realistic looking maps in TFC.
Whats the deal with this guy? Someone needs to kick his ass off his almight high horse.
He has issues with taking feedback he does not want to see. Sigh

Old 10-23-2007, 04:29 AM   #33
paranoidkirb

I want to make some criticism, but I just can't. This arrogance has left me completely speechless.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:38 AM   #34
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Quote:
Hey guys....I'm switching this poll to another forum where the forum leaders and little kids wont screw it up. Before the forum leader switched my post to this section, the results were actually very close. This thread belonged in the General section where more people and the average player would have seen it.
Yeah, it had absolutely nothing to do with mapping-related threads belonging in the Mapping Forum.

IBTL

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:46 AM   #35
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihmhi
Sweet Moses on a rocket-powered pogo stick, I hope he does not use original textures. Textures from a 10 year old game do not really belong in Fortress Forever.

I wonder if anything in his version of avanti will actually be new or if it will just basically be a port (with explosive barrels and health packs scattered everywhere, of course).
You don't know that until you try it. How about he skins it both ways? Release the source version first, and release the next one labeled tfc_avanti instead of ff_avanti.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 10-23-2007, 11:18 AM   #36
GambiT
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Spy
Affiliations: -=DoM=-
man he is worst than a girl on the rag.

i would love to know one thing though. if your NOT making the map then why the fuck do you want to know what textures ppl prefer?
--------------------------FF_Civibash_G(Released)------------------------
-------------------FF_Conc_G1(WIP)--------------------
-------------------FF_Hollow_G(WIP)---------------------

Old 10-23-2007, 02:28 PM   #37
Ginger Lord
Retired FF Staff

Affiliations: Custard
Send a message via MSN to Ginger Lord
Someone needs some cheese to go with their whine.

Seriously, HL1 textures WILL not work. They are about half the resolution at most they need to be, they'll be stretched 2-4x to get the right scale and will look awful.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:49 PM   #38
Blueiii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Lord
Seriously, HL1 textures WILL not work. They are about half the resolution at most they need to be, they'll be stretched 2-4x to get the right scale and will look awful.
Agreed, a source map with hl1 textures will make everything look stretched out and blurry. Id rather all the maps look the same (which they wouldnt) rather than some looking good, and others like shit.

And sir frags, good luck getting constructive critizism with that attitude. Might aswell not ask us and do whatever you want.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:19 PM   #39
TheWetMule

Send a message via MSN to TheWetMule Send a message via Skype™ to TheWetMule
Quote:

Clearly this is where he released all his other maps and they kissed his ass about how superb they were and never really gave him any constructive criticism. Seriously, frags, man, I can understand where you're comin' from, you just gotta take the feedback though, honestly.

Just to let you know, if you want, remaking the textures you like from hl1 for hl2 would be best.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:59 PM   #40
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

You mean like this place?

http://www.thetwistednetwork.net/ind...ewtopic&t=2342
http://www.thetwistednetwork.net/ind...ays=0&start=25

Just scroll through and read his threads.

Oh, and my favorite, his rats map thread: http://www.thetwistednetwork.net/ind...ewtopic&t=4110

He's a mapping god there apparently, just read his threads...seriously.

Closed Thread