Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 02-09-2008, 02:26 PM   #21
Bakez

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokko
Does it have to be valid in real-life? Say you play a game of football with a group of people that have agreed on some rules of their own. Will you then ignore the rules, get moaned at by everyone else and then rage quit the field? So a group of people get together and play the game the way they want it, why don't you cry about it some more.
Structured CTF play is so far much enjoyable than public CTF it's ridiculous, if you can't see that then just leave the server and join another one. Don't come on the server or this forum to cry about it.
The OP isn't crying about having to follow rules. I was referring to what Credge said about not liking 'clanstyle' servers.
Bakez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2008, 02:26 PM   #22
GhostBuster
SHUT UP AND SWALLOW

When u see people in /KBN/ server (63.211.105.191:27015) come in, the pw is always "pickup" (except when we are in practice/scrim), its a only-pickup server so u can see how things goes and when the pickup ends or before, people will glady teach u all that stuff
GhostBuster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2008, 02:46 PM   #23
GambiT
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Spy
Affiliations: -=DoM=-
Quote:
Originally Posted by {NFO}CrazyCro
NFO Members Would NEVER do that!
We always Try to help new players with the game, We never insult ANY guests
on our server. Obviously you are mistaken regarding the server, and for an accusation like that you should be sure to have your facts straight before posting. We are all new to this game, and we encourage help for new players within the community.

it was NFO, clan-{nfo}-[the-bing] or whatever it is, and yes a few of your admins DID go off on that dude, dont remember names all i remember is we were on the map crossover.

i'm not here to degrade your server, but what i said pertains to this thread, so please, get over it.
--------------------------FF_Civibash_G(Released)------------------------
-------------------FF_Conc_G1(WIP)--------------------
-------------------FF_Hollow_G(WIP)---------------------
GambiT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2008, 02:50 PM   #24
bokko
when ff will out?
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakez
The OP isn't crying about having to follow rules. I was referring to what Credge said about not liking 'clanstyle' servers.
And my post wasn't in response to the original poster but to your ridiculous Real Life Sports analogy where you are crying about having to follow rules on clan style servers.
bokko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #25
Private_Joker
a fucking comedian
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout and Medic
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Private_Joker
Yeah, arrogant attitudes like that are unacceptable. Damascus, I dunno how long I've been playing Fortress games and I didn't know not to hold W until you said it just now, so I am teh l4me nubbeh too. Best advice, is to just ignore comments like that and wait around for someone with sense to reply.

I'll gladly help anybody learn what I know. In fact, I love hearing when somebody is new to FF because that means that the FF community is growing. That action should be facilitated as much as possible, and not mocked.

To GambiT, I share CrazyCro's doubt about the NFO server--it couldn't have been any of our members, but it was probably a pubber. Please continue to play in NFO servers, and give us the name of any low-life who disrespects like that--we will be sure to pwn their face, and then offer them to drop the attitude or be banned from our server.

-Joker
Private_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2008, 03:03 PM   #26
Bakez

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokko
And my post wasn't in response to the original poster but to your ridiculous Real Life Sports analogy where you are crying about having to follow rules on clan style servers.
What?

I am in support of rules on servers. Infact I posted an entire thread about their advantages and how they improve the game.

The analogy with sport comes from me being involved heavily in sport (ironically swimming and water polo) right up to elite level and will probably continue to do so throughout my whole life. TFC is the only game I've played where I could draw similarities with real life sports and coincidently the only game I play.

Thinking about it surely if you saw this analogy and had a grasp of what happens in real life games or sports you would have been able to work out my stance on server rules?
Bakez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2008, 03:11 PM   #27
Handym
I got some bread, bitch

Send a message via MSN to Handym Send a message via Skype™ to Handym
Quote:
Originally Posted by {NFO}CrazyCro
NFO Members Would NEVER do that!
We always Try to help new players with the game, We never insult ANY guests
on our server. Obviously you are mistaken regarding the server, and for an accusation like that you should be sure to have your facts straight before posting. We are all new to this game, and we encourage help for new players within the community.
And me and a friend have been mocked for speaking danish to eachother, while an NFO member just laughed at it instead of interfering. I've also seen someone swear like a sailor, but stopped just as somebody else from the clan connected.
You aren't all 'nice guys' as you claim to be on the homepage.
Handym is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2008, 03:23 PM   #28
bokko
when ff will out?
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakez
What?

I am in support of rules on servers. Infact I posted an entire thread about their advantages and how they improve the game.
Yes after re-reading your post I realise I read it wrong and made wrong assumptions. So no poor excuses from my side, just an appology for being an ass.
bokko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2008, 03:29 PM   #29
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Updated!

[edit]
i forgot to add, damascus, or other's who don't know how to bhop, squeek is working on a tutorial for this;

and as a quick fix until its out, the way you bhop is by pressing the strafe left and strafe right buttons while turning in that direction; if you press w(the default forward button), it won't work; when you turn in the direction that you're strafing, you gain momentum, due to the engine's coding; you can see this if you type in "hud_speedometer 1"; when you do turns in midair, in the direction you're strafing, you get a speed boost;

to sum: while strafing left, press/hold jump and turn left in midair, while the strafe left button is pressed; then as you fall back down, press/hold jump again and as soon as you land, press the right strafe button while turning right with your mouse; repeat left, repeat right, etc etc

Last edited by Dr.Uudge; 02-09-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Dr.Uudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2008, 03:30 PM   #30
GambiT
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Spy
Affiliations: -=DoM=-
ok, let me say this, im a strong advocate against ppl coming on here and bitching about servers/clans. please do not let this thead turn into a "bitch about nfo" thread.

that was not my intentions when i said what i said. i like a few of nfo admins, and have nothing against most of them, i dunno if i'm banned or not, havent checked since i requested it, but i will try playing there again one more time and see if things have changed.
--------------------------FF_Civibash_G(Released)------------------------
-------------------FF_Conc_G1(WIP)--------------------
-------------------FF_Hollow_G(WIP)---------------------
GambiT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2008, 06:39 PM   #31
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
A tutorial would help limit the asking of the question. However, there are still dbags out there.

I don't think anyone on these forums would really do that in game most of us actually care about the progression of the game. Sounds like there are just some newbies out there that think it's ok to bash people. We should get them all to the forums in my opinion. Let them see first hand how to deal with these things

How we get them here however... I don't know. you guys figure it out.

...noobs.
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #32
s0undch4s3r
The guy you love to hate.

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
i'm always there to help noobs. i always harass the elites though with there `holier than thou`, "my shit smells like channel #9", bullshit attitude.
s0undch4s3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2008, 09:33 PM   #33
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
I've never had a problem with NFO's server, but this is just one guy's word against another.

Keep complaints about specific servers out of this thread from this point forward - it's against the forum rules. I and other mods will edit and delete future posts if need be.

Back on topic.

We really need to have servers dedicated to being "newbie friendly" - even have it in their names.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2008, 09:49 PM   #34
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0undch4s3r
i'm always there to help noobs. i always harass the elites though with there `holier than thou`, "my shit smells like channel #9", bullshit attitude.
Dump the terminology. It's one of the biggest things that makes a new player who is absolutely lost not want to play anymore.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2008, 09:54 PM   #35
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
In the future I'll be an historical relic by having done online gaming before people used the word noob.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2008, 10:00 PM   #36
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilledsanity
In the future I'll be an historical relic by having done online gaming before people used the word noob.
It's not like the term is something old and archaic. It came around the same time as "I'm in your base, killing your doods."

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #37
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoKill----->
I think more people should be ff_helper in game, the last person I saw wearinf the helper tag was Zilver Fox
That's zSilver, not Zilver.

And yes, we do need more people wearing the FF_Helper tag. Then again the community is an absolute joke, as one of my first post-release threads stated. We're slowly turning this into another TFC.

First infraction! Flaming!
zSilver_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2008, 10:29 PM   #38
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
That's zSilver, not Zilver.

And yes, we do need more people wearing the FF_Helper tag. Then again the community is an absolute joke, as one of my first post-release threads stated. We're slowly turning this into another TFC.
If I'm not mistaken... it is the TFC community that is playing FF. There are very few new players that stuck around. And, 2.0 is likely to bring even more of the TFC community along with it. The public scene is something FF will most likely struggle with for a while.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2008, 11:46 PM   #39
s0undch4s3r
The guy you love to hate.

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge
Dump the terminology. It's one of the biggest things that makes a new player who is absolutely lost not want to play anymore.

i agree. the word "n00b" can strike a nerve and turn off peeps instantly.
FF doesn't need that.
s0undch4s3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2008, 01:23 AM   #40
tu!

so?
tu! is offline   Reply With Quote