Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Bridgets main problem is that he has been a douche in the past, and even now takes on the role of douche in many cases. I agree with you that he DOES make some good points here and there. The problem is, he overshadows those good points with shit like "derr herr". It's like talking to a 7 year old. Another problem with his posts, is that he's completely inflexible. He wants the Sniper gone, or nerf'd to the point of being useless. It seems more of a vendetta than a desire to actually FIX the problem.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2010, 10:59 PM   #42
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier D
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post

No, but said nub should be able to progress to Exo's skill level without having to overcome a billion obstacles like redundancies and mechanics that can be simplified without subtracting from the skill you gain from mastering it not just learning it.

so its not called being good anymore its called "exo's skill level" WOOOOOT i gotta meet this guy
CHURCHMOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2010, 11:15 PM   #43
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Bridgets main problem is that he has been a douche in the past, and even now takes on the role of douche in many cases. I agree with you that he DOES make some good points here and there. The problem is, he overshadows those good points with shit like "derr herr". It's like talking to a 7 year old. Another problem with his posts, is that he's completely inflexible. He wants the Sniper gone, or nerf'd to the point of being useless. It seems more of a vendetta than a desire to actually FIX the problem.
Well shit. That might be even worse then, because then if he makes any good points, they'll get associated with him, which causes devs to dismiss them by guilt of association.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2010, 12:06 AM   #44
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
You guys just misinterpret what Bridget has to say. In this thread, he's simply advocating dumping the pickup crowd mentality of 'IT'S BEEN IN THE GAME SINCE TFC, WE CAN'T POSSIBLY GET RID OF IT', and advocating one of, get rid of clunky mechanics that are not intuitive and that drive away new players. I read most of Bridget's posts, and I agree with mostly everything he has to say. I don't really see why you guys think he trolls, because he doesn't. He cares very deeply for the game, and doesn't want to see it die. He's done a lot for the community, and has offered his talents, I don't see how anyone can deny that. He started the Talos Beginner Community, among other things, which I'm sure he'll be more than willing to share with you.

Meanwhile people like Churchmouth cry about a small community (they also claim Bridget is a troll, and wants to destroy the game), and then join the Talos server, grief noobs, and subsequently get banned. It's clear most people in the pickup community are not interested in making FF larger, because their cumulative actions show the exact opposite intentions. Most of the more notable pickup players are banned from the Talos server, permanently, for coming into the server and griefing noobs. I've seen league admins for FF sit there in spectator and call new-comers to the pickup community noobs, and just generally flaming/harassing them. Right, Bridget making a few harmless suggestions to get the game on a more positive track and attract (and keep) new players is obviously far more damaging than pickup admins, league admins, pickupers in general, scaring away new people. Right.

So when you hear them talk about people like Bridget and his ideas to create a bigger and better community, and instead think he's trying to 'dumb down' or kill the game, who do you honestly take seriously. Whether or not you agree with Bridget's suggestions, is totally irrelevant. The simple fact is--he's trying to push the game in a direction that is more substantive by trying to reduce the harm, or get rid of, harmful mechanics in the game. If you disagree with his ideas, but agree with his end goal, why don't you propose some suggestions of your own? I was told that FF wasn't going to be TFC: Source, and it's clear that it isn't. So why is there such a closed-minded appeal every time something new is proposed?

I think Bridget is doing a wonderful thing, and I don't always agree with his suggestions, but you can't fault him for trying. I see many problems with this game, but by far the largest problem is the community. This game is basically catering to a demographic of the community that is almost sociopathic in it's efforts to drive away new players and replicate the TFC community. You know, the remaining TFC community with a dozen or so active players, who have been playing against each other for a decade now? Remember guys, it's Bridget that's ruining FF with all of his suggestions that have never been implemented.

If you can't prove he is a troll, and you can't prove that he doesn't have the best intentions at heart, don't say it. It's that simple. I know for a fact that he isn't a troll, and that he DOES have the best intentions at heart. In the past, he was a douche, and he has even stated multiple times on this forum and in private that he realizes how much of a douche he was, and he changed his attitude (except towards Scuzzy :P).

inb4 WOAH WALL O TEXT I CANT READ DAT LOLOLOL U FAT NERD VIRGIN ROFL

Old 10-02-2010, 01:00 AM   #45
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHURCHMOUTH View Post
I have come to a conclusion while reading some of these posts. Bridget is trying to make it look like hes trying to help new players understand the game of fortress forever. What he doesnt want anyone to know is he is just having a harder time than normal understanding the game of fortress forever for himself. (being good at it) Therefore he wants the game dumbed down so someday he could possibly step foot into a server with someone like yours truely and not get killed back to back to back to back to back without so much as leaving me short of 100 200.

Old 10-02-2010, 02:54 AM   #46
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester

the pickup community doesnt bitch about playerbase, the forum community does that. we also dont scare away new players, however there have been some times where people have said some things im sure. noone is going to win on the forums so why dont u just play the game and stop slobbing on bridgets knob he does enough of that for himself

PS BOXY IS HOTT

PPS noone said bridget is ruining shit.

Last edited by CHURCHMOUTH; 10-02-2010 at 02:56 AM.

Old 10-02-2010, 03:06 AM   #47
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Right, the pickup community complains about a 'dead game', same thing. And of course you guys scare away new players, back when I was still playing pickups, I tried to get numerous friends to play pickups, and they played a few and never returned. I witness other casual players play 1 or 2 games and never return. I witnessed them be harassed by 'pros' every single time.

And if anyone is slobbing on Bridget's knob, it's you. You're the one dreaming up elaborate schemes that Bridget wants to change the game because he has a hard time playing it.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:29 AM   #48
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHURCHMOUTH
PPS noone said bridget is ruining shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarsbane
I've seen what trolls/bullies like Bridget can do to a community, they can and do drive people away
Smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisTron
This game is basically catering to a demographic of the community that is almost sociopathic
End lesson. Class dismissed.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2010, 08:31 AM   #49
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester

dont care anymore! lets go play sc2

Old 10-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #50
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoNL View Post
Did this thread really need to be created? Sorry Bri :/
This. I can't believe you guys are still letting him pull this shit. Does he have soft lips or a tight ass so he's worth all the trouble of keeping around?

Old 10-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #51
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Someone's mad.

Old 10-03-2010, 02:29 AM   #52
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
I've never had this many people on my e-peen at one time.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #53
Christian

Class/Position: O
Send a message via MSN to Christian
I agree that the learning curve is too high for this game. I was an avid TFC player, and the transition at the release of FF was not too difficult for me. But as all things go, I eventually lost interest in the game, and played other games for some time. (including TF2) When I returned to the game, there were far less players, and the players that were still play easily outskilled me with far more successful conc jumps and awareness on maps I previously enjoyed, when the community was as new to the game as I was. Unfortunately I did not possess the patience nor interest to continue up the skill hill, and eventually quit the game all together.
What I would like to see would be the option to remove bunny hopping, conc jumping, strafe jumping and all these other dated concepts that scare newcomers away from a mod with great potential.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #54
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Gametype: mp_prematch
Affiliations: [:)] - Frag Happy, babe|
Posts Rated Helpful 29 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
What I would like to see would be the option to remove bunny hopping, conc jumping, strafe jumping and all these other dated concepts that scare newcomers away from a mod with great potential.
You'd be taking out the 'Team Fortress' out of Fortress Forever.
"As the the new year approaches I await for it like an case of explosive fecalomania otherwise know as diareha or the massive shits. I am gripping the sides of the toilet as my stomach produces the first hollow thud out of the anus of the year to come." DarkeN_HellspawN

Last edited by moosh; 10-03-2010 at 12:47 PM.
moosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2010, 12:49 PM   #55
Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosh View Post
No one is going to consider doing this,don't even bother talking about it. You'd be taking out the 'Team Fortress' out of Fortress Forever.
I don't think the features I mentioned are team-defining properties of any multiplayer games.

Old 10-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #56
Bridget
Banned

They don't need to be removed. They need to be simplified so that learning them is virtually instant, so that people can immediately enjoy the game "out of the box". The only skill-part that should be required is mastering them and putting said skills to use in ways that beginners wouldn't. No one wants to spend a month or year learning to bunnyhop just to keep up with everyone else. Mastering it? Sure, but that's optional. Learning this shit to play FF is not. You either learn it (which isn't fun at all) or you quit all together in favor of a game/community that doesn't suck dick.

Look at Team Fortress 2. Instant beginner integration, without, of course, sacrificing the potential skill you accumulate with mastery and experience. A beginner can play the game without having to be demanded to do shit that a player who has mastered the game can. Learning to rocket jump is optional. Learning to jump as a Scout is optional. Learning to sticky jump; it's all optional. Of course, it provides an advantage over those who do not use or learn it, but it's not mandatory for play. Meanwhile, over here in FF, you'd best know it all coming in or you're in for one shitty experience.

FF is a lot like signing up for a language course, and instead of walking in to the first lesson on Monday morning, you step into a room full of fluent speakers and the teacher says "Okay, figure out what they're saying."

Last edited by Bridget; 10-03-2010 at 01:01 PM.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:09 PM   #57
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

From the FAQ.

Quote:
I've got this great idea, should I post it on the idea & suggestions forum?
Firstly, consider whether your idea is in keeping with the gameplay of traditional TF MODs.
Go away,please.

Last edited by moosh; 10-03-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #58
Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosh View Post
Go away,please.
I didn't claim I wanted to change the game permanently in any way, I'm merely offering my input on what I'd personally want to change for the game ever to appeal to me again. Also, classy insult.

Last edited by Christian; 10-03-2010 at 01:16 PM.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #59
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
I didn't claim I wanted to change the game in any way, I'm merely offering my input on what I'd personally want to change for the game ever to appeal to me again. Also, classy insult.
That was mainly aimed at Bridget.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:16 PM   #60
Bridget
Banned

No one can even define Team Fortress, so the whole "That's not Team Fortress" argument falls on deaf ears. Oh yeah, if you want to make appeals to previous games, there are a dozen of so mechanics in Fortress Forever that people enjoy that were not apparent in the other games. Guess we should remove them, eh? Eh? Why not? Oh, I see, the appeal to tradition only works when the mechanic you're making an appeal against isn't in your favor. I see. Double standardin' meh.

Last edited by Bridget; 10-03-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Tags
2.5duein2032, alienatetheplayerbase, anotherbridgetsuggestion, bridgetwhine, bridgitsucksballs, elmo-says-yall-are-gay, genghisisgayforbridget, genghissucksbridgitsass, how2developmod?, letstalkshitwithtagslolz, niggerniggerniggernigger, niggerniggerniggernigger2, over9000tags, riceyownsyouall, tl;dr, whyffisaterriblegame, youareallchildren