Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 09-01-2006, 09:49 AM   #201
o_nezumi

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I've only seen random episodes of all 3 series of Full Metal Panic, but the third one seemed more interesting than the first 2.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2006, 10:42 AM   #202
o_zaskar

Anyone see the second Ghost in the Shell movie Dubbed? How is it?
The US version is only subbed cause the company that licensed it was gay and only wanted to make a quick buck and just sold the US version with a Sub. But either Europe or Australia's version was done with an English Dub track using the voice actors from the series (which i really like).
o_zaskar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2006, 01:09 AM   #203
o_milk

If anybody cares: I just finished watching Hanbun no Tsuki (Drama/Romance) and I hafta say that this is the >only< drama romance that I have seen with a ..... pleasing ..... ending. Only 6 episodes, you know you wanna check it out if you enjoy drama romance. All fairness aside, it seemed to have some twisted shit in it though but it can easily be accredited to the japanese culture
o_milk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2006, 01:13 AM   #204
o_scale

I have seen

cowboy behop (used to crack it down when my mate talked about it but when i watched it i LOVED it) Never could get myself to watch the movie becuase of what happens to that one person in the last episode (i wont spoiler who >D)

seen trigun, naruto till the fillers started, bleach (still watching) but my favorite would be ghost in the shell and g.i.t.s stand alone complex, that last episode of gits sac second gig (season 2) with full bass now thats KICK ass >D
o_scale is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2006, 01:35 AM   #205
o_milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scale
I have seen

cowboy behop (used to crack it down when my mate talked about it but when i watched it i LOVED it) Never could get myself to watch the movie becuase of what happens to that one person in the last episode (i wont spoiler who >D)

seen trigun, naruto till the fillers started, bleach (still watching) but my favorite would be ghost in the shell and g.i.t.s stand alone complex, that last episode of gits sac second gig (season 2) with full bass now thats KICK ass >D
You should definitley watch 'knockin on heavens door' if you enjoyed cowboy bebop, it takes place about halfway through the original story according to fanatics. Sounds like your preference is action/cyber punk. A quick guess would be to reccomend Akira. Also, to everyone alike I reccomend Black Lagoon for some easy watching good looking action.

Last edited by o_milk; 09-02-2006 at 01:41 AM.

Old 09-02-2006, 01:59 AM   #206
o_tyrus

I have watched about the first 8 or so episodes of Black Lagoon. Its a kick ass series so far, but I will put it on hold until its finished. I usually like to take the whole series' effect at one time. Preserves its emotion and suspence!
o_tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2006, 04:16 AM   #207
o_tyrus

Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society - 3rd GIG

http://www.mininova.org/tor/412290

Unfortunately this preview isn't in english. If you find one let me know! Oh man, I'm excited about this!!!!!

More info

http://www.production-ig.co.jp/

EDIT:
Here are some screens from the preview:

Unfortunately though, its a movie not a series. How crappy! However, it seems that a movie was released between 1st and 2nd gig, why not follow trend and release a movie between 2nd and 3rd? Maybe there still might be a third..../me shrugs. (just an idea)

Taken from the english link at http://www.production-ig.co.jp/

Quote:
Ghost in the Shell:
Stand Alone Complex
Solid State Society

Introduction
With more than 1.5 million copies sold in Japan and 100.000 copies per volume sold in the USA, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex has consolidated his place among the classics in the world of science fiction. Now, after two years from the TV series that started all, a completely new and all-original chapter is about to emerge: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society. Directed by Kenji Kamiyama and with the participation of the same staff from the popular series, this full-length 105 minute feature has required an unprecedented budget of 360 million yen (or 3.20 million dollars), in order to provide theatrical quality. The movie will premiere in Japan on the SKYPerfecTV! satellite television network on September 1st, and successively released on DVD on November 24th. Release in the US and Europe is expected in 2007.

Story
A.D. 2034. It has been two years since Motoko Kusanagi left Section 9. Togusa is now the new leader of the team, that has considerably increased its appointed personnel. The expanded new Section 9 confronts a rash of complicated incidents, and investigations reveal that an ultra-wizard hacker named the Puppeteer is behind the entire series of events.

In the midst of all, Batou, who was stalking the case on a separate track, encounters Motoko. She goes away after saying, "Stay away from the Solid State Society." Batou is left with a doubt in his mind. Could Motoko be the the Puppeteer?

The series of intriguing incidents that Section 9 faces gradually link together almost artistically. Who is the Puppeteer? What will happen to Batou's relationship with Motoko? What is the full truth behind this carefully planned perfect crime? And what will the outcome be? Mysteries surround the Solid State Society...

NOTE: The word "Puppeteer" is used in this text as a temporary translation for the original Japanese term "Kugutsu Mawashi," and it is not meant to be the official English adaptation.

Last edited by o_tyrus; 09-02-2006 at 06:45 AM.

Old 09-02-2006, 02:24 PM   #208
o_zaskar

? Tyrus fill me in, when did the other 2 movies acually take place, i kind of thoght they sorta had nothing to do with the series. If they did thats cool, i just dont know when ><

Old 09-02-2006, 04:26 PM   #209
o_tyrus

I dont think they had to do with the series either. But I'm pretty sure they came out in this order:

1. movie1
2. 1st gig
3. movie2
4. 2nd gig

I could be wrong though.

Old 09-02-2006, 06:22 PM   #210
o_zaskar

*G.I.T.S. SPOILER* (highlight the below section to read, the text is white to make it harder to read accidentally :P)

I thought the second movie closely followed the first, having the major still be in cyberspace without a body after she merged with that other lifeform. how could the first season of the series happen in between that?

Old 09-03-2006, 04:57 AM   #211
o_nezumi

It's best to think that the movies, books and show are all separate.

Like the first and second manga are related, the first and second movies are related, and the first and second season of the series are related, but not to eachother.

(The first movie is basically the same story as the first manga, but not so with the second book/second manga. It's wierd. It's also complicated by the fact that a lot of similar things happen between them. Like someone from section 9 assassinating an annoying character by doing a hit and run, or the major jumping off a building and shooting someone on the way down.)

Old 09-04-2006, 02:25 AM   #212
o_nezumi

Er, and now it looks like the 3rd movie IS related to the series :P. Damn, this is getting awkward.

Anyway, I just finished Haruhi Suzumiya. That show was awesome. I'm glad no one spoiled the premise for me. I've got to show it to some friends (and watch it again) now.

Old 09-04-2006, 05:28 AM   #213
o_tyrus

I've been rewatching "Full Moon wo Sagashite" lately and this show is simply great.

Why am I rewatching it though? Well, my brother's girlfriend wanted me to look for anime's she might like, something that might catch her attention. Searching through my extensive downloaded anime collection, most of it was shounen anime. But there were a few shoujo animes. Of which this was one.

She loves it. It took a while for it to catch her attention, but when the plot finally picked up, she started to really like it.

Next I'm going to suggest her to watch "Kimi ga Nozomu Eien". It was pretty hard to convince her to watch Full Moon being it was 52 episodes long, but it will be much easier to get her to watch KGNE. Plus, its pretty good at that.

Old 09-05-2006, 08:00 PM   #214
o_milk

I havent watched these yet, but plan on it. Anybody familiar?
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...=anime&aid=469 @8.71 rating
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=29 (looks like it was meant for girls -shoujo-, this one is questionable) @8.24 rating
even though it is shoujo, not all shoujo is bad. FMwS is shoujo.

Glad you liked haruhi, nezumi =p
You should probably look into Abenobashi for an extreme FLCL experience.

Tyrus, here is some stuff girls like (results may vary ):

Azumanga Daioh for comedy.

Fruit Basket for something that girls like.

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou for something that girls like alot.

Haibane Renmei for something pleasant, kinda disney IMO.

Honey and Clover top rated romance/comedy.

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien ffs, dont even ask why I list this. I loathed it, but it seems like there is a major split in results. Its about 50/50 love hate, but very little in-between. (edit: didnt see you were gonna choose this for her to watch, something like KGNE which had mixed results might be a bad idea for introduction to anime )

Ouran High School Host Club new (in progress) high rated comedy.

Those are the only ones that I can think of which arent specifically geared to guys.

Old 09-05-2006, 10:20 PM   #215
o_tyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk
Azumanga Daioh for comedy.

Fruit Basket for something that girls like.

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou for something that girls like alot.

Haibane Renmei for something pleasant, kinda disney IMO.

Honey and Clover top rated romance/comedy.

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien ffs, dont even ask why I list this. I loathed it, but it seems like there is a major split in results. Its about 50/50 love hate, but very little in-between. (edit: didnt see you were gonna choose this for her to watch, something like KGNE which had mixed results might be a bad idea for introduction to anime )

Ouran High School Host Club new (in progress) high rated comedy.
A few of those I have already considered. Of the anime's you listed above had already decided, coincidentally, KGNE. I didn't choose Kare Kano because it was only good up till episode 12ish. The rest of that series was seriously inconclusive and pointless. Fruits Basket was cute, but only cute. Azumanga is hilarious but mostly only funny to someone that has a little anime background. I don't think she will understand some of its humor. Habaine Renmei, Ouran High School Host Club and Honey and Clover I haven't seen yet, but I'll check them out!

I'm also considering The Melancholy of Har....I forget the spelling. That one also seems very decent.

Oh and don't bother with Angel Sanctuary. Its a complete waste of time. Incest love. However, if you really are interested in Incest anime, then watch Koi Kaze. Far far better than Angel Sanctuary.

The other anime, "Beyond the Clouds" is not bad. Its by the same person that did "Voices of a Distant Star" and "She and her Cat" Its very slow but worth the watch.

Last edited by o_tyrus; 09-05-2006 at 10:28 PM.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:39 AM   #216
o_milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrus
Oh and don't bother with Angel Sanctuary. Its a complete waste of time. Incest love. However, if you really are interested in Incest anime, then watch Koi Kaze. Far far better than Angel Sanctuary.
sick. Isnt koi kaze not so much incest but pedophelia? Cuz... ew. Thanks for helping me not waste time =)

Old 09-06-2006, 03:07 AM   #217
o_tyrus

Koi Kaze is sort of both. Its about a 30 year or so old man who lives a boring life who one day meets a young highschooler girl. They hit it off and start liking eachother. Later, however, he finds out that its actually his younger sister whom he had never met before. ....

I'd tell you more but that'd spoil it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anidb

"Koi Kaze" is about a man named Koushirou, who has given up all hope of finding love or happiness after discovering that his partner has fallen out of love with him. Since then, he`s been going through the motions of his life but hasn`t actually been living it.

During a normal commute to work, he notices a high school student on the train and feels an immediate connection to her. After running into her again the next day, he decides to take her to an amusement park, where they both end up confessing that their hearts have been broken...
Quote:
Originally Posted by animenfo

Soon after his younger sister was born, Koushiro's parents divorced. The two siblings were raised separately - Koushiro by their father, and Nanoka, his younger sister, by their mother.

10 years passed and Koushiro had forgotten about his sister completely. He lives a normal life, working at a dating agency. However, his sister would be attending high school in the spring. To ease her daily commute, she moves in with Koushiro. This situation proves perplexing for him. To make matters more awkward, he had previously dated Nanoka without recognising her as his sister. To add to his embarassment, the agonies of a broken heart had once driven him to tears, and it was Nanoka who had comforted him.

Nanoka attaches herself to Koushiro as if to make up for the time lost during their separation. Koushiro decides to become a good brother, but fails from the start. Nanoka is just too cute, and he cannot help being aware that she was an attractive girl.

He knows he must hide his feelings for his sister. However, every time he
meets innocent Nanoka, those feelings surge to the fore and make him irritable, resulting in another day of self-loathing.

Last edited by o_tyrus; 09-06-2006 at 03:20 AM.

Old 09-06-2006, 04:05 AM   #218
o_milk

Quote:
I'd tell you more but that'd spoil it.
Saw the first episode, deleted. While im usually non-descriminatory, it was too weird for me.

Old 09-06-2006, 04:15 AM   #219
o_tyrus

The only reason I watched all of Koi Kaze was I had know how it ended. Did they follow through with their feelings or did they supress them, knowing they were related? Yes, even though incest is nasty, I was interested in finding out how the author of this series was going to make resolve to it. Even he has to know incest is taboo!

Much to my suprise, a nuclear bomb hit them and blew them in to a bloody massacre! Strange ending...strange, I know.

Old 09-06-2006, 04:29 AM   #220
o_milk

Quote:
The only reason I watched all of Koi Kaze was I had know how it ended. Did they follow through with their feelings or did they supress them, knowing they were related? Yes, even though incest is nasty, I was interested in finding out how the author of this series was going to make resolve to it. Even he has to know incest is taboo!

Much to my suprise, a nuclear bomb hit them and blew them in to a bloody massacre! Strange ending...strange, I know.
COOL! Maybe I should watch the last episode!j/k
on another note, an irritating insane, but amusing one to watch is mind game.