Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which class do you think is too powerful?
Scout 2 1.96%
Sniper 3 2.94%
Soldier 12 11.76%
Demoman 2 1.96%
Medic 5 4.90%
HWGuy 53 51.96%
Pyro 5 4.90%
Spy 19 18.63%
Engineer 1 0.98%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2007, 06:37 PM   #21
Rehab

Affiliations: None
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
ok now, which one of you voted for scouts?

=SF= ReHab
Rehab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 07:05 PM   #22
txMaddog

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
HW guy.

Too accurate at long range. Over-heat means nothing as you can just tap mouse1 and keep up a constant stream of fire and not even come close to over-heating. No spin up time on gun so can fire immediately.

2nd vote - Spy

Cloak, disguise and ability to sabotage SG's is a bit much.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:06 PM   #23
Zrix

Class/Position: Engineer / O&D
Gametype: CTF & AD
Spy.

But then I'm an engineer..
Zrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 08:58 PM   #24
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
SO far I think everythings balanced. I've had no problem other than my poor skill when using the pyro, medic and engineer. Even as a sniper I did pretty well.

The only problems I found where htat I'm out of practice and terrible, but nothing seemed too unbalanced or out of place.
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 10:18 PM   #25
cq-reborn

Who voted for pyro and scout?

Old 09-17-2007, 11:18 PM   #26
vpsaline

Its between the HWGuy & Spy, so I ask myself who would win 1v1, spy would win more then half the time by just backstabbing the fat bastard. HWs are THE EASIEST class for spys to knife. When im spy, HWs scare me the least. I hunt down and look for HW while playing spy. SPY>HW

1.Spy
2.HW
3.Medic (Infect/Flag Runner/HP Booster)
4.Demo (has gotten weaker I find and the radius on his pipes are way too small)
5.Soldier (Rockets do maybe 20-30% too little damage now, damage should be changed to ~130% of what it is now.)
6.Sniper (he cant see his own tags? Only teamates can? Wtf?)
7.Engineer (engineer are really on the losing end of this game, then again I always found them kinda lame, why not be defensive hw instead? SGs are soooo slow to react and when they do hit flesh their damage isnt devastating enough. And no more teleporters wtf?)
8.Pyro
9.Scout (really ucky class, nothing special or that another class cant substitute or do better)*See Medic/Pyro

Last edited by vpsaline; 09-17-2007 at 11:32 PM.
vpsaline is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2007, 03:40 AM   #27
[FDG]Sundae

HWGuy's cone of fire is a tad too narrow for long range, I think. If that's fixed or the overall rate of fire is reduced, that could do a lot to balance the HWGuy. Right now he's really the most broken class. The rest seem fairly balanced right now, all things considered. Of course, who knows what will appear as people get more skilled with the classes... but for now a HWGuy damage fix would make the game a darned good starting balance.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:00 AM   #28
Thunderknight
Supreme Jackass

Voted Demoman. He's obviously broken. I mean, his detpack insta-kills everyone within a 300 foot radius! NERF NERF NERF NERF...

Seriously. No one class is "broken". If a class was truly "broken", any single n00b would be able to single-handedly pwn everyone else in a one man army fashion. Last time I checked (what with the damn crashing and all), this isn't the case. The HW has several counters:

+ Spies. Insta-kill backstab. Tranq and gas nades also work well too if you're having trouble getting in close.

+ Snipers. Should be obvious as to why.

+ Pyros. Less effective than the previous two, partly because you have to get in close, where the AC will chew you up. However, IC + Circle-strafe flamethrower works really well against them, as they have a hard time following you. Throw a napalm nade into the mix, and you'll have yourself one crispy, screaming, flaming, dead lard-ass. Takes some practice.

+ EMP's. Nuff' said.

+ SG's. Not quite as effective as they used to be against heavies, but they can still dish out some good damage before going down.

+ Pipe-bomb trap. Too situational to get regular (or any) use offense, but on defense, this is enough to stop a group of HW's dead in their tracks.

+ Concs. Not just for movement anymore. These really fuck up an HW's aim for a bit, allowing you to get some pot shots in.

+ AIDS. If you can give them to the HW, you should probably feel proud for not getting mowed down by the AC, but semi-disgusted with yourself for lowering your standards to a guy that can't even fit into a proper military outfit because he is just so damn fat. But rest easy knowing that he will probably die soon enough (unless he finds another medic...)

Anybody else should probably just avoid them at all costs. It's usually not worth the cost of health/ammo/time/sanity.
Thunderknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2007, 10:57 AM   #29
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Whoa I think it is pretty clear that the HW is overpowered here.

Just to clarify for you guys, pretty much not too long before the game came out, hitscan weapons did not... well, hit. Shotgun, HW, etc., they were all considered weak.

Then someone fixes the code and hitscan works the way it should, and all of a sudden the HW actually works like he is supposed to. Maybe a little TOO good.

As Defrag said, it is lookin' like the HWGuy will be getting a major overhaul in a future patch.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote