Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 11-18-2007, 03:36 PM   #21
Foxtrick

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
The first was okay(AvP).. could have been alot better.

I'm a fan of the predator films and of the Alien films. Also have most of the novels. I felt it(as the other poster largely did I imagine) that one of the high point's Prey(probably the best novel wrote towards AvP) was ripped.

Very well they opted for a fast paced, no nonsense movie that basically allowed for no real bonding amongst characters. Even the heroine wasn't someone you actually cared for! Infact, you ended up just wanted to see the skill of the hunting pack unleashed. For the avid reader you know what you are seeing are basically a 'training pack'(yautja or however its spelt!) some are over confidant and complacent, some of them just lack skill, and get horribly killed by the Aliens. The only saving grace is the last predator.. again generally poorly done.. ... and lacking any real choreography(aside several moments) that would made it more watchable. Forgetting even comparing the book, much much more and more gratifying to read :P

Anyway, the sequel looks okay. The only thing I find bad is it looks less serious than past films and though the deathcount is likely up, its less terrifying or incredible than before. Actually, the effects don't look that good either I think its a good idea if .. once more they take from a book and actually its based around the predator training team that are 'confused' and are just killing everything. And maybe befriend a human.. again.. but done properly, dedicating from then on on developing their communication, instead of the 'you mean this?'. Keep the action fast but keep these moments slow and full of detail!
Foxtrick is offline   Reply With Quote