Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping > Maps

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2008, 04:41 AM   #1
cownaetion
Wizard of Milk

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via ICQ to cownaetion Send a message via AIM to cownaetion Send a message via MSN to cownaetion Send a message via Yahoo to cownaetion
New Map: RJ Rocketeer *pics*

First, I'd like to just put a link to a small, revised, rj_shiroobi. All I did was double to triple the dimensions of the jump so there is space to move. If you haven't downloaded/played it, good. Don't. This new map is by far a better beginner map. For everyone else who has a copy of this somewhere and plan on putting it somewhere, then I'd update.

http://www.bystudios.info/games/ff/f...ShiroObi_r.zip

Sorry, had to get that out of the way. This new map is designed with no grenades, rockets only. That leaves Scout/Medic classes out but the Demo/Pyro classes are in. I have no idea if the maps possible with them so feel free to experiment.

Map is big enough to accommodate four players simultaneously so there is no waiting (like Midori pretty much), with 14 areas in all. I tried going with a new clean, aesthetic, look through out the map, hope you like it. Map's difficulty is easy, with a few intermediate thrown on the end. Personally I didn't think the map was going to turn out that great due to no grenades but it turned out a lot better than I expected and I recommend it over my last beginner map highly. I plan on converting this to TF2 so if the map gets any playability I may make an advanced version, who knows. Hope you enjoy and thanks for your time. Of course, thanks to the FF development team as well. If not for them, we'd all be wasting our time with something else :P

Link: http://www.bystudios.info/games/ff/files/rj_rckteer.zip

cownaetion is offline   Reply With Quote