Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 09-24-2007, 04:15 PM   #21
barronofhellion

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
common' everbody lets do the twist !!! no?
barronofhellion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 04:15 PM   #22
Fei
_The -Next ^Level

I don't know how the wiggle walk works in ff or quake but it would be cool if it is the same as in TFC.. that is using strafe/gliding techniques while running on ground or up stairs, worked especially good on a curved set of stairs like the button stairs on schtop. If it is like that, then it doesn't break the game. If it is something differnt.. like something that allows a player to script a wiggle walk script to have him constantly running around at max or near max bhop speed than obviously that would be a problem O_o
Fei is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 04:39 PM   #23
IvaQuaL

wigglewalking ! i remember when someone showed it to a baffled server in a beta playtest some time ago.. good times

apparently it's a fundamental movement control in natural selection
IvaQuaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2007, 10:03 AM   #24
CaptScum
RTFM cSm-

Send a message via MSN to CaptScum
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvaQuaL
wigglewalking ! i remember when someone showed it to a baffled server in a beta playtest some time ago.. good times

apparently it's a fundamental movement control in natural selection
Yes it is. I played NS for 2 years competetively and It's used by amost every player for Marine movement, although it's useless as alien due to bhopping being uncapped (which is why i loved that mod so much). Bhopping was only possible as Marines going up ramps or another level, much like the FF double jump.

I found myself automatically doing it in FF because of NS, and i had the same 10-20 unit speed increase effect
CaptScum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2007, 05:28 PM   #25
Alastair

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptScum
Yes it is. I played NS for 2 years competetively and It's used by amost every player for Marine movement, although it's useless as alien due to bhopping being uncapped (which is why i loved that mod so much). Bhopping was only possible as Marines going up ramps or another level, much like the FF double jump.

I found myself automatically doing it in FF because of NS, and i had the same 10-20 unit speed increase effect
So it is a real speed increase, not just perceived that way?

I bhop not only because of the speed increase, but because of the dodging motion. Kindof like drunken kungfu

-Alastair
Alastair is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2007, 07:14 PM   #26
band-aid

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I propose that the players current movement speeds be halfed. In addition, sentry guns should have double health, instant lockon, and instant heal with one whack. We need to remove the spies ability to destroy them in any less than 10 seconds. Now that I think about it, we also need to make the classes more generic. I'd say most of them have a weapon (or 2) that are completely un-needed. And whats with all this nade spam???!? Nades need to be dropped entirely. In fact, lets redesign the whole game so it will be simple enough for Xbox 360 gamers to understand it and play it well with a game(read crap) pad. Phew, with all these changes we're going to need to re-title it. Any ideas?

(hint: It was just released)

Old 09-26-2007, 08:14 AM   #27
Paft
Beta Tester

Class/Position: [O] Med
Gametype: CTF/Skills
Posts Rated Helpful 67 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair
So it is a real speed increase, not just perceived that way?[..]
Barely. No visible (to the other player) or real advantage, not useful.
Paft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2007, 08:22 AM   #28
StatisticZ
My title is... Custom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
After all the complaining, it has been decided that movement speeds will be reduced to 75% of their current value, bhopping will be removed, concs will no longer give players a boost, rockets will autoaim and snipers are to be completely removed from the game.

And pyros will be able to charge up their flamethrower to create a lightsaber-like effect.
lol
StatisticZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2007, 07:19 PM   #29
moogle

Yeah I wrote a script that did this "wiggle walk" optimally, just for fun, you can do 140% speed of any class going in a straight line though :P heheh. I first observed it watching Oracle the demo man play :P
moogle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2007, 09:40 PM   #30
CatzEyes93
Black Mesa Voice Actor

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
After all the complaining, it has been decided that movement speeds will be reduced to 75% of their current value, bhopping will be removed, concs will no longer give players a boost, rockets will autoaim and snipers are to be completely removed from the game.

And pyros will be able to charge up their flamethrower to create a lightsaber-like effect.
:comes jumping out of no where:

WOOHOOOO!!!! YES YES YES YES!!!! OMG THIS IS GREAT!!!!!

ohwait.. you were kidding werent you. bah.

CatzEyes93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2007, 11:46 PM   #31
Pyr0
Can you feel the heat?

Quote:
=O *drools*
Pyr0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2007, 11:11 AM   #32
rannibunny
You are a pirate!

Yeah, zigzagging is what I called it in Quake ^^
Since I'm a lazy bum, I'm not into alternatingly pressing my strafe keys. Instead I hold one of the keys and hammer the other.

bind w +f
bind s +b
bind a +l
bind d +r

alias disco discard

alias fb "f; b"
alias lr "l; r"
alias f ""
alias b ""
alias l ""
alias r ""
alias +f "-back; +forward; disco; alias f +forward"
alias -f "-forward; alias f wait; fb"
alias +b "-forward; +back; disco; alias b +back"
alias -b "-back; alias b wait; fb"

alias +l "-moveright; +moveleft; disco; alias l +moveleft"
alias -l "-moveleft; alias l wait; lr"
alias +r "-moveleft; +moveright; disco; alias r +moveright"
alias -r "-moveright; alias r wait; lr"
rannibunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2007, 11:31 AM   #33
Mooga
Colorless FTW
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Affiliations: SRCDS.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner
...but you implemented bhop?
FF FORUMS RULES NUMBER ONE:
If you think the regulars are sarcastic ass holes... you haven't meet the Dev Team yet...

Old 09-27-2007, 02:24 PM   #34
Gunslinger

Does all of the increase in speed go to one direction of movement or is it split over (for example) forwards and lateral movement?
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2007, 06:16 PM   #35
moogle

lolz @ rannibunny :P That is an interesting way of doing it. So you really only need two of those :P (e.g. +f with +r OR +b with +r OR +f with +l OR +b with +l) what I did in TFC is I added in the _special repeat script to the wiggle walk so it repeated the alternateration of the strafe keys ultra fast while you hold forward. Ehhh, it was funny to walk around with it as HW. That's how I got 140% speed of any class. It really wasn't too useful actually. I think Oracle did it manually to get more speed off his pipejumps or something, not sure if it worked.

Like it doesn't get you to 140% any faster than other strafe methods as it seems to limit control ability. (since it's basically mashing a direction button down and trying to play and dodge only using that key lol - so you end up doing circles).

A TFC player can also alternate strafing in the air and wiggle and use it to increase speed some. It's a bit different though as you have to turn the mouse. (for instance when you turn off gravity, as someone mentioned, you can strafe right and left and move kind of while on the ground, well you can do that in the air too at the end of a glide or strafe jump Oracle and Verse used it a lot, and DuM saw me doing it one day and really liked it.

Last edited by moogle; 09-27-2007 at 06:26 PM.
moogle is offline   Reply With Quote