Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2007, 06:03 PM   #1
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Couple map ideas

Since I'll never make a map myself, I figured I'd toss these couple ideas for anyone else who might think they could work. (*note numbers are suplimented in just for examples obviously balancing and tweaking would play a role too)

On a normal CTF map start both teams off at 100 points each. Use a set incriment timer (anywhere from 1-10 minutes), for every incriment minus a certain number of points (5-10 probably)

Make it so if you made atleast 1 touch on the enemy flag during the current incriment, no points will be lost.

This might encourage (I say might here because who knows really) more offense for that map. Since a team is not going to want to see their score slowly dropping, they'll make more attempts at the flag.

We could also make it so if a team ever reached 0 the round would be over.

This could prevent the strategy of turtling, where if a team got ahead in points then went all D to prevent caps, they'll slowly loose points, while the other team while atleast making flag touches isn't loosing points.

The round otherwise would end after a set timelimit.

Idea #2

Design a map that has your team spawn in a room that has no doors. Just two teleporters. One to sends you to your base resupply, and the other sends you to just past the center of the map (a yard or something). But past the other teams's offensive spawning point. So you won't ever run into the other team's O on your first run.

Small visual (if you were to look at the map from overhead)

1 - Red Flag
2 - Red D spawn
3 - Red Yard
4 - Neutral yard
5 - Blue O spawn
6 - Neutral yard
5 - Red O spawn
4 - Neutral yard
3 - Blue Yard
2 - Blue D spawn
1 - Blue Flag

This would make it so that more often than not, you'll spawn already behind the enemy's O, still have to run into the enemy's base, get the flag out and run it all the way back (still allowing the defense to defend the flag in the neutral center yard)

So whaddya think? Think either of these ideas could work?

Cheers,
Hammock
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote