halflife/-*out_rk* (hl: source & hl1) 14 9.86%
other (please specify in a post) 10 7.04%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2005, 02:53 PM   #201
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
ramzet: shut your offensive piehole, hes doing a good job, better than most (myself included) could do
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2005, 02:57 PM   #202
o_ramzet

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
fine if you want to see a great map go to waste whatever

go work on your map it needs it
o_ramzet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2005, 03:00 PM   #203
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

wasnt the point. i was saying theres NO NEED to get offensive about someone making a map. its a map for fuck sake, not some pot of gold that hes taken that you want

Old 07-22-2005, 03:04 PM   #204
o_ramzet

i guess you want the maps in the mod to look like crap then, i may seem offensive but im helping more than you guys

you all kiss his ass and tell him everything looks perfect and nothing is wrong with it

he changes a corridor thats is needed for offense to cap and no one sees a problem with the gameplay issues?

constructive critism is the best kind, it aint helping anyone saying "nice job!" when there are blatant errors

Old 07-22-2005, 03:08 PM   #205
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

my feedback is more of encouragment than criticism, i agree, but ive not once heard you say anything along the lines of "its nice but...." its always been "YUO SUX ITS ALL WRONG"

Old 07-22-2005, 03:12 PM   #206
o_ramzet

you*
sucks*

and plus, im not going to lie, it doesnt look that good so im not going to lie to him and say it looks great so he continues failing at things such as lighting correctly

Old 07-22-2005, 03:24 PM   #207
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

telling him he sucks doesnt really do people favours, or the community for that.

and anyway, youre the only person to say so, so the majority cant be wrong

Old 07-22-2005, 03:27 PM   #208
o_shadow34721

Ramzet does have a point.
It is nice and fun to bring a refreshed visual style to a map, but failure to realize certain repercussions in gameplay design is a serious oversight. A map can look as beautiful as you want, however no one will play a map with bad gameplay. This is why gameplay should be first and foremost in all map design. Not to say visuals aren't important, they are the means necessary to 'market' your map, you just have to remember gameplay comes first, then vis, then appearance. Let your priorities get out of hand, and your map is doomed to failure. (generally)

And agree with him on this point, adding a choke point at the exit of the fr is only asking for trouble in both organized clan games and pub games on this map. It would be advantageous to seriously reconsider this change in gameplay since it has the potential to not only affect the map's flow in a negative way, but to in doing so, turn off many fans of this map and tfc in general.
o_shadow34721 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2005, 03:31 PM   #209
o_darknight

Dont just say his lighting sucks then. Tell him how he can fix or give him a link to a site which will help him get done what he needs.

Mervaka, he does have a point. He is remaking one of my fave maps in TFC. I want it to be top class, such as the standard as the FF dev team. I don't have the mapping experience to say how to make it better but there are others that can do though, so please do so!

However, that respawn room looks absolute quality, man!
o_darknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2005, 03:31 PM   #210
o_ramzet

do you guys even play tfc?

ever heard of #tfc.gather.us

everyone there disagrees with most of the non dev maps in every way, saying they are all ruining them

they are the ones that paly matches upon matches while the rest of you just pub

i know people that dont post on here because of how much they hate what everyone is doing

congrats you appeal to the pubbers of tfc but not to 99% of the clanners (and by clanners i mean anyone that is in STA or TFL, not clans like the the 2fort kings)

add some more lighting and a cube map in the area where you think the skybox is causing the problem (with the green and blue shadows) only time that ever happens is when you get improper lighting

Old 07-22-2005, 03:33 PM   #211
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

i dont have a problem with what hes saying, just how hes conveying his message. im all for constructive criticism, but ffs keep it friendly and non offensive.

saying the map sucks achieves nothing but demoralisation for the mapper

Old 07-22-2005, 04:55 PM   #212
o_etzell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzet
i guess you want the maps in the mod to look like crap then, i may seem offensive but im helping more than you guys

you all kiss his ass and tell him everything looks perfect and nothing is wrong with it

he changes a corridor thats is needed for offense to cap and no one sees a problem with the gameplay issues?

constructive critism is the best kind, it aint helping anyone saying "nice job!" when there are blatant errors
Don't lump everyone in one group. I know I've mentioned that the cap exit is completely wrong.

As for you, Stino:
A choke point is a hallway or other tight place where the defense can get a stranglehold on the map. Like the spawn points on dustbowl.
If you don't change the cap exit, there will be even LESS capping on badlands than there is now. That's not a good thing, for the record. It's hard to get into the pit, it's hard to get up that ladder with the flag, it's hard to get OUT of the pit, and now it's hard to get out of the room after the pit. Don't do that. Not good.
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2005, 05:22 PM   #213
o_ginger lord

Quote:
everyone there disagrees with most of the non dev maps in every way, saying they are all ruining them
Post in the Epicentre thread and tell me whats with wrong, I like constructive criticism.
o_ginger lord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2005, 05:23 PM   #214
o_catzeyes93

On some of these pictures it is hard to know what or where they are, so perhaps some of us are not able to offer clear feedback cuz we are not realizing what we are looking at.

When you post the picture, could you maybe by chance include an old screenshot / thumbnail in the corner so some of us idiots can visualize what we are looking at? Example: http://www.fortress-forever.com/?a=m...ff_crossover_3
o_catzeyes93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2005, 05:59 PM   #215
o_azlan

Regarding #tfc.gather.us people, you must also realize that all of those people are judging based on screenshots. Until they actually get into the game and play using the Fortress Forever mod, there really is no way to determine how it will play. My guess is FF will be slightly different from TFC, in many different ways.
o_azlan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2005, 06:11 PM   #216
o_ramzet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Lord
Quote:
Post in the Epicentre thread and tell me whats with wrong, I like constructive criticism.
i like your map :P

Old 07-22-2005, 06:15 PM   #217
o_stino

just say whats wrong, if you say it sucks, than i don't know whats wrong !
o_stino is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2005, 06:18 PM   #218
o_ramzet

I HAVE POSTED 3498057340985734095873409583470953 TIMES SAYING WHAT IS WRONG YET YOU DISREGARD EVERY SINGLE ONE

kthxcruisemissles

Old 07-22-2005, 06:19 PM   #219
o_stino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etzell
Quote:

Don't lump everyone in one group. I know I've mentioned that the cap exit is completely wrong.

As for you, Stino:
A choke point is a hallway or other tight place where the defense can get a stranglehold on the map. Like the spawn points on dustbowl.
If you don't change the cap exit, there will be even LESS capping on badlands than there is now. That's not a good thing, for the record. It's hard to get into the pit, it's hard to get up that ladder with the flag, it's hard to get OUT of the pit, and now it's hard to get out of the room after the pit. Don't do that. Not good.
its not hard, its easyer they cant stand on the right side of the exit , becouse thats solid wall, only at the left side, so you see your targets.
so , with sentrys, they can only stand in font of you, not behind AND in front

Quote:
I HAVE POSTED 3498057340985734095873409583470953 TIMES SAYING WHAT IS WRONG YET YOU DISREGARD EVERY SINGLE ONE
no, you have been saying that it sucks, and you have gone in discussion with mervaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlan
Regarding #tfc.gather.us people, you must also realize that all of those people are judging based on screenshots. Until they actually get into the game and play using the Fortress Forever mod, there really is no way to determine how it will play. My guess is FF will be slightly different from TFC, in many different ways.
thats true, i will probebly have to redo many things when the mod/sdk releases
like concs that don't work right, ....
sentrys that cant stand where they should, ........

ok, thumbnails coming
no they arent, if i take screenshots (snapshot command) in tfc it's black :s
o_stino is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2005, 06:46 PM   #220
o_ramzet

not once did i say the word sucks, besides MAYBE when i talked about your textures in one area, nt.