Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 09-23-2007, 10:32 PM   #61
jacko87

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
So far from what I've read of this thread, Dr.Uudge and C-aim are the only intelligent people in the thread. I would discuss my opinion on the matter, but these two have already discussed it and no one seems to be listening. Everyone keeps saying "OB is a good deal!!", but guess what? BB was and is supposed to be a better deal for the people who bought HF2 and episode 1.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:30 AM   #62
Nuk3m
Banned

Class/Position: Scout / Offense
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: :e0: Founder
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to Nuk3m
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko87
So far from what I've read of this thread, Dr.Uudge and C-aim are the only intelligent people in the thread. I would discuss my opinion on the matter, but these two have already discussed it and no one seems to be listening. Everyone keeps saying "OB is a good deal!!", but guess what? BB was and is supposed to be a better deal for the people who bought HF2 and episode 1.
this is the problem, while your statment is 100% correct, you have to ask yourself if there WILL be a better offer later. id love to think so... but id rather take a bullet then chance spending 10$ more for what i coulda spent 10$ less for. you know what i mean?
Nuk3m is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 05:38 AM   #63
Teh Hwoling Manz
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Teh Hwoling Manz
Quote:
So the only reason it's a bad deal is because previously they had a better deal? How in the hell does that make any sense?

If you have two really good sports cars, but one is a little better than the other, that doesn't mean you bitch about the other sports car. It's still a fucking sports car.
Teh Hwoling Manz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 06:17 AM   #64
jacko87

@ Nuk3m, not sure I understand what you're saying...

and The Howling Man

Quote:
So the only reason it's a bad deal is because previously they had a better deal?
YES!!! Wouldn't you be upset if you went to buy something like a laptop and it costs $600, you've saving up for it and can finally afford it, but now the laptop costs $700 because they have thrown in a DVD player or better yet a VCR, something you absolutely no use for or already own and you can't afford it anymore. And don't say "its only a 10 dollar difference" because if it isn't that much to you then please deposit 10 dollars in my paypal account.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:41 AM   #65
Nuk3m
Banned

Class/Position: Scout / Offense
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: :e0: Founder
Send a message via AIM to Nuk3m
Quote:
@ Nuk3m, not sure I understand what you're saying...

and The Howling Man

YES!!! Wouldn't you be upset if you went to buy something like a laptop and it costs $600, you've saving up for it and can finally afford it, but now the laptop costs $700 because they have thrown in a DVD player or better yet a VCR, something you absolutely no use for or already own and you can't afford it anymore. And don't say "its only a 10 dollar difference" because if it isn't that much to you then please deposit 10 dollars in my paypal account.
no. lol
Nuk3m is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 03:39 PM   #66
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Perhaps the thing to consider is treat everything as a "limited time offer" and if you pull the trigger and buy now..be ok with your decision and move on. If a better deal comes along later then so be it...you still have your stuff right?

Personally, I did not buy the new package. I did DL FF and intend to play it...I just haven't had time.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 03:54 PM   #67
PorkChopVII
The "other" white meat....

I believe the deal is good, and i even own HL2 and ep:1. So for the price, getting portal, ep2, tf2, and dont forget PEGGLE . Look at how much each game is sold seperatly. Also take this into consideration, you can sell HL2 and ep1 keys if you already own the games, because you get to give those copies out if you already own the game. Also it is a marketing deal too, because turn someone else onto hl2 and ep1, then they buy ep2 and the package and the process continues. I think its smart deal
PorkChopVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2007, 12:57 AM   #68
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydell
QFT!??? What's there to discuss then? As far as I can now see this is just a whine+cry thread which has nothing to do with discussing, so I'll be pretty damn glad to leave it then, lol goodbye! hf crying, I'll hf TF2'ing
No, you missed the point...this thread is about bitching about being unhappy with the Orange Box. If you aren't unhappy with it....then you should take your happy-ass to another thread.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2007, 10:00 PM   #69
Zydell
Ex-king
D&A Member

Affiliations: Knights of the Round
Send a message via MSN to Zydell Send a message via Skype™ to Zydell
Lol ok, hf getting pissed off then , I'm gonna stab sum hw-nub in tf2 . I'll leave you all be hmpmhpmjealoushmphmpmphmh
Zydell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2007, 04:48 PM   #70
Thor-Stryker
Spybox

Class/Position: Sniper, Defensive
Gametype: Capture Point
Affiliations: Unguilded
Send a message via AIM to Thor-Stryker Send a message via Yahoo to Thor-Stryker
Quote:
Welcome to the stupid list, you don't want Three New High-quality games, don't talk about them. No matter what you say, the orange box is a deal.

The Black Box just never made it into final production. It's not like you just bought an over-priced 4Gig Iphone that was just discontinued and lowered 200 dollars in price on the next version up.

Greedy bastards should be shot, I think theres a hunting thread that way, feel free to wander by the deerstand.
Thor-Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2007, 05:21 PM   #71
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

TF2 will be 29.95 on its own.

If you are going to bitch this much about $10 I feel for you when you get out in the real world.

I bought the Orange Box, got TF2 for free, and will give my copy of HL2 and HL2:EP1 to my dad who will love it to death. All while saving myself a total of $30 since I was going to buy all three in the first place.
SoBe Green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2007, 07:16 PM   #72
Riff Zifnab
-TPF-

I think valve should release a black box version at the same price as the orange box. That way you don't have to "buy" the game you already own. See how many suckers they get. Sure, a month latter give them all a "free" copy of HL and Ep1 because they are cool or something.
Riff Zifnab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2007, 07:51 PM   #73
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

The games are sold individually. No need for a black box.

Old 09-29-2007, 03:04 AM   #74
YomMamasHouse

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Forget what Valve said OB was going to be first; they changed their minds, live with it; they don't owe you anything.

As Sobe and I and others have said, the fact that you get 3 great looking new games and a bunch of old ones that you can give to your friends/someone else makes it's price great. It isn't as though valve is sitting in their offices saying "Ha those suckers, we managed to rip a good $10 off of each of them". You're paying 45 dollars for three epic looking games and some old ones that in your immense generosity, you can give to someone else.
YomMamasHouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2007, 03:41 AM   #75
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
You guys have it wrong when you say "HL2 is outdated".

The Source Engine was designed so games could be collectively improved over time. HDR, that facial animation stuff, and some better graphics were all added in in the past couple of years. In theory the engine could go on for a very long time.

Aaaaaannnnyyyyyway, the real test of the box will be on October 9. Or is it 10?

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2007, 05:56 PM   #76
C-Aim
Better than Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe Green
If you are going to bitch this much about $10 I feel for you when you get out in the real world.
Yes, in the real world $10 matters to people who have other expenses other than their hobby. Your point?

Its good to see that everybody is resorting to just flat out flaming because they don't/refuse to understand both sides. I suspect it'll be locked soon anyway, unless the mods are on the side doing the flaming that is.
C-Aim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2007, 06:20 PM   #77
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Well, compared to the new shit coming out, Source is starting to show its age, but shit, nothing is as versatile, as has been proven time and again.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2007, 06:58 PM   #78
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Aim
Yes, in the real world $10 matters to people who have other expenses other than their hobby. Your point?

Its good to see that everybody is resorting to just flat out flaming because they don't/refuse to understand both sides. I suspect it'll be locked soon anyway, unless the mods are on the side doing the flaming that is.
When your hobby outweighs your expenses by $10 and thats a problem you should pick up a new hobby.

Old 09-30-2007, 12:22 AM   #79
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
You obviously have never painted any figures made by Ral Partha.......
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote