Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping

Old 09-17-2007, 05:45 PM   #1
wicked_clown420

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Ramp Jump Concmap

first id like to say, good job on actually getting concmaps out so quickly after release, they are about 75% of the reason i actually still played TFC since it came out, all the way until FF came out

now that that is out of the way, id like to put in a request for people making concmaps

i would kinda like to see someone taking advantage of the new ramp double jump in a concmap you know something that looks like this (sry about my crap ascii art)

EDIT - Deleted Ascii art cuz the forum rearanges it so you cant even tell what i was trying to draw ill just describe it

so you would bhop down a hill gaining quite a bit of speed, priming a conc(or use one of those speed boost pads like in FF_aardvark to get your speed for the ramp jump), then bhop across a small middle ground as to not lose much speed, and do a double jump off of a ramp, and have your double jump right as the HH hits . then fly up and land on a high cliff or continue juggling up to a REALLY high cliff... i guess it depends on how much air a double jump HH gives you - im thinking it will be quite alot

The only problem i can see with this is people "cheating" and not actually using the double jump HH, but i would just like to see a map with a jump or 2 like this to see exactly what is possible with the double jump and concs -

ive seen alot of jumps similar to this on Quake 3 Defrag, although normally in quake you just use the double jump to get where you are going cuz you can bhop so much faster (like 10000000x faster).... but i think a bhopping HH conc double jump could provide quite a bit of air, and a new jump style for some jumps

what do you guys think?

Thanks

Last edited by wicked_clown420; 09-17-2007 at 05:59 PM.
wicked_clown420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
dylan

yeah, I thought about this when FF came out too.

I tested it in the sd2 yard, HH into one of the ramps and double jump off. You'll hit the skybox ez

edit: where can i find some FF concmaps for my server? D
dylan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 07:34 PM   #3
wicked_clown420

there are a couple :
here you go

concmap_oneeye_b2 http://www.fortress-forever.com/foru...ad.php?t=11105 (first post at the bottom) - easy basic concmap - nothing more than a triple conc

concmap_juggleface_b1 http://www.fortress-forever.com/foru...highlight=conc (second post down) juggle map.... 1 *very* high jump

so if you can hh into a double jump and hit the roof, i can see what will happen if you hh (or even regular conc) towards a ramp, prime a second conc, land near or beside the ramp, bhop over without loosing much speed, and hh double jump off the ramp

HH forward bhop speed + double jump + HH= omfgz wow
should be insane

also, for Soldiers, 3x rjumps (not 3x rjump wall climbs -thats just easy, but 3 rockets hitting the ground simotaniously launching you) are possible, and yesterday i actually managed to pull off a 3x rjump +grenade HH - makes for some pretty crazy height - might be able to have some decent rjump maps that only have invunerability and no quad... although the 3x rjumps in FF arnt like the ones in Quake 3, as in FF the 3 rockets only add the height that 3 rjumps would give you, where as in Q3 it was exponential, which was insane.... (391u max single rjump height, 1090ish for 2x, 4096 for 3x rjumps, and ive even done a 15-20x rjump by bhopping towards a wall at rocket speed.... there isnt a map high enough in defrag to max out a 20x rjump )

but yeah 3x rjump + gren HH is completely possible and easy...other than timing the grenade and the fact that you need impulse 101 bound to a key, or be invincible

i still gotta try 4x rjumps (2 hit you on the ground at the same time, and just a split second after you catch air, another 2 hit right below you on the wall).... they are alot harder than 3x rjumps tho, ive only ever done one in quake 3, so i might take awhile trying to figure out how to do it, and the fact that the 4th rocket wont make as much of a difference as it does in quake, so it will be hard to see if it is adding anything to the jump

4x rjump +hh gren.... hrmmmmm sounds like a bitch to time properly

the only other thing i can think of for soldiers would be rjumping off a rocket, which was possible (although hard) in tfc, but not in quake 3..... but i need quad damage to test that one cuz i cant rjump up faster than my rocket without quad

Last edited by wicked_clown420; 09-17-2007 at 10:56 PM.
wicked_clown420 is offline   Reply With Quote