Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 05:22 PM   #1
oxylos

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Do you cancel the FF project when

..there is only few people who are playing this beautiful mod? Even when they donate?

I'am asking that because at the moment the number of players stagnate und i have the apprehension that sometime you will stop invest any energy and the rest of time you got because of not enough interested people.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:24 PM   #2
Rawd

This mod is just over a week old man. It will only grow from here, and the devs will continue to support it.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:26 PM   #3
EngeeMan
Banned

After 3 years making a game that ends up only a handful of people will actually want to play, I would probably keep at it just to try and save face.

Then you could put "stuggled in face of adversity" on your resume to Full Sail or whatever.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:29 PM   #4
oxylos

Ye sorry, maybe the is my opinion made too fast but the are other several mods like insurgency or dystopia which show this fate.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:29 PM   #5
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxylos
..there is only few people who are playing this beautiful mod? Even when they donate?

I'am asking that because at the moment the number of players stagnate und i have the apprehension that sometime you will stop invest any energy and the rest of time you got because of not enough interested people.
Don't let the numbers on steam page intimidate you man. Some years from now, when gameplay has been tweaked, visuals vastly improved, animations smoother, (there's already back pack model replacement by a fan), and overall coding is optimized to allow more people on servers, people are gonna see FF as the most played fortress mod.

What was that one proverb: the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step, and an handle on a door that says "pull" is worth more than a shining gate without hinges. Something like that.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:35 PM   #6
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

So, the giant TF2 is released and you all are giving up, one word for you people. Weaksauce. You all are weaksauce. Give the Devs some credit, hell give this MOD some credit, you're on the Fortress Forever forums. I would almost say that TF2 is the 'flavor of the week' if you will. Please don't come up in here with your garbage proclaiming this mod dead. The only thing that's dead is your fighting spirit and lack of enthusiasm that a group of people who are UNPAID and UNDER APPRECIATED brought you this mod so you have the choice not to play Loony Toons vs. Tiny Toons. You friggin people man, no faith, none at all.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:38 PM   #7
oxylos

Dont understand wrong. I will give the devs credit even as donate every month! good i didn't said how much but i will do it.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:39 PM   #8
Sabre
Creg

These negative sorts of posts are acutally getting to me now these forums are becoming quite a negative place, in all fairness i think Oxylos is quite genuine is his query compared to some of the little shits trying their hardest to to be well ... kids. Oxylos patience is a virtue and negative posts discussing when you give up on a project helps nobody.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:48 PM   #9
NewKleer

maybe mods could merge all the "oh noes FF only has 500 people playing, is this the END>?!?@?" threads into one big oh noes thread. its kinda getting a bit repetitive after the first 5 threads about player numbers

people havent even had time to upgrade their pc's from TFC specs yet...

Old 09-21-2007, 06:02 PM   #10
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
I think this game is great! I find it discouraging when people keep complaining and bringing the game down because of bugs glitches and crashes. To be honest this still feels like a Beta release to me, which i'm okay with (atleast I get to play it now!) but if you keep that in mind all those trivial bitch sessions about "FIXABLE" problems are meaningless.

What I look at is the game play, and replayability which this game exceeds in completely. So what that it's got a few glitches? I have no doubt in my mind that the dev team are working hard on trying to fix the major ones as fast as they can, and will get to the others in time. (Even Valve's beta release of TF2 didn't go smoothly I hear crashing problems all over the place too).

The thing that's gonna make this game great at this point imo is not the devs. They did their part, they made the game, yes they got glitches to smooth out and are working on it. But what's truely going to make FF as great as TFC even better are all the players out there that are going to come out with their custom stuff.

Ever since it's release new maps are popping up, new textures, new models are being discussed. So what they've done now is opened up the future advancements of this game to the public finally.

TFC on its own would have been pretty boring, but once the custom stuff came out by the public for the public that's when things got interesting.

So I highly doubt the dev's are going to bale on a project after 3 years, because their initial numbers were lower than TF2's. And from now on it won't be just them working, it'll be them and the communities now.

I also believe that to get a true measure on how each new mod coming out is going to do we'll have to wait until after christmas.

So kudos to the dev team for making an awesome game.

Cheers,
Hammock

Old 09-21-2007, 06:10 PM   #11
HaZe905

This game is free though... people like free... I think that there should be a section even on this website that explains things like conc/rocket/bhopping and shows people the learning curve... cause that's what has always appealed to me about TFC... the learning curve

Old 09-21-2007, 06:17 PM   #12
barronofhellion

it did add more to it... being able to do more things

Old 09-21-2007, 07:03 PM   #13
4est
Fortress Forever Staff

Send a message via Yahoo to 4est
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxylos

Don't be silly... many of us are at work/school right now. We can't play it. Also a player base is built... not just found in a box somewhere.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:04 PM   #14
4est
Fortress Forever Staff

Send a message via Yahoo to 4est
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaZe905
This game is free though... people like free... I think that there should be a section even on this website that explains things like conc/rocket/bhopping and shows people the learning curve... cause that's what has always appealed to me about TFC... the learning curve
Try the Tips and Tutorial section.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #15
bradley
Oldbie

Send a message via AIM to bradley Send a message via MSN to bradley
Ok, enough of all this negative shit. I've had enough of it. I don't care if mods warn me or not, all these fucking ignorant and idiotic kids with all this "THIS MOD IS DYING" bullshit get off these fucking forums. You're wasting your time posting shit that no body cares or wants to hear about. Go jump on the fucking TF2 bandwagon, and protest elsewhere. This mod has just fucking started, and you're saying it's dieing? Theres 10012831327173848471271376174 places for improvement but yet you're critisizing everything about it. (This goes to every post) Seriously shut the fuck up and take the CAT5/Ethernet Cable out of your PC. I hope to never see you or anybody like you again.

P.S It makes me laugh that you take the time to type threads like this. NO BODY FUCKING CARES.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:13 PM   #16
Gigiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley
NO BODY FUCKING CARES.
except you, who replied

Old 09-21-2007, 07:16 PM   #17
bradley
Oldbie

Send a message via AIM to bradley Send a message via MSN to bradley
Let me write that down.

Like seriously are you dumb? Or do you just want people to keep creating these bullshit threads? Moron, jump the trigger more.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:21 PM   #18
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
you're right bradley, we need less threads like this.

Closed Thread