Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 09-25-2007, 11:25 PM   #1
Nurdbot

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Hilarious or Newb Moments in Fortress Forever

This is the thread where you post newb things that have happened to you or just plain amusing stuff that has happened to you while playing FF on or outside the server in real life. Yes, even screenshots of the ragdolls of both teams in a manly dead embraces can be submitted!

Back when I first started trying out Spy at Launch, I never knew I could move from ragdoll cloak. I would just stand there, cloaked next to my dropped corpse and wait for people to go away. Not surprisingly, I was picked off a few times for this.

And it actually worked a few times too as well, which is even more scary.
Nurdbot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2007, 11:34 PM   #2
Why_Me

Never realizing that the engies gun could charge up after I had been playing for well over three days........
Why_Me is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2007, 12:07 AM   #3
sycsummit
Awake and Unafraid

Send a message via AIM to sycsummit
I watched a friendly medic trying to outrun an enemy pyro via water route on crossover and the dude made it to our base and then jumped down the pit with the flag.

That was funny.
sycsummit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2007, 02:03 AM   #4
aflaedge
Resident QWTF God

I can't play cornfield without having at least one cap point completely skipped for the better part of 10 minutes. I keep telling them to come back and they keep yellin shut up noob.
aflaedge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2007, 02:10 AM   #5
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
I keep running in the wrong direction on Cornfield's Cap Point 4... I always forget which way is the right way to go when I am spawning as defense there. I only figure it out when I see the bags. ._.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2007, 02:20 AM   #6
_MJ_
Mapper

freaking going to the back way on hunted instead of the front way
map needs signs
_MJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2007, 02:26 AM   #7
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
when i started the beta i didnt realize that my gren keys were set to toggle, so i kept blowing myself up with nades. then i realized i could tap to throw
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit
Skanky Butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2007, 05:50 AM   #8
gizmofo
The Bestest

Send a message via AIM to gizmofo
After playing for the longest time and discovering the scout's ability after the first day, I completely forgot about it, and someone was arguing with me that the ability existed.. Of course I sounded like an idiot.
gizmofo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2007, 11:45 AM   #9
Stephen
Sniper hater.

Was playing in a pickup game on ff_crossover last night and was defending. We were getting pretty soundly beaten (40-0). I had just been conced by a medic leaving with the flag. A few seconds later when he's well outside he tosses the flag to a teammate to bring it back to the cap point... but the teammate was completely oblivious and brought it straight back to our flagroom where he got killed
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2007, 01:47 PM   #10
Nuk3m
Banned

Class/Position: Scout / Offense
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: :e0: Founder
Send a message via AIM to Nuk3m
a hilarious moment when i was playing spy, and i sabotaged someones SG on 2morfort in the flagroom, stood by the elevator and watched as the SG took out two engis hammering away on it, a soldier who was totally oblvious to it, as well as an enemy spy cutting through the room, and then the damn engi again, going to repair it before it blew up lol. then i proceeded to steal the flag and cap it
Nuk3m is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2007, 02:04 PM   #11
Riff Zifnab
-TPF-

Going on a sg sab rampage as a spy. I must have taken down 5 SGs. Enimy engis where complaining that they couldn't see me while I was hacking their SGs. I'm low on health from the ocational spy check and I just stop caring. I start disguising as a freaking scout and just hop around obviously sabing SGs... They still dont catch me. What stops me?

I find this lvl3 sg all off by its lonesome so I sab it and then decide to wait to trigger it for a bit so I can make sure I get some good kills off of it. Where do I decide to wait? Right next to it, cloaked. Now, even if it hadden't shot the crap out of me when I cloaked the explosion when it died or some incoming fire from my victems would have killed me. I have no clue wtf I was thinking, I don't think I was.
Riff Zifnab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2007, 03:27 PM   #12
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

I was playing engy for the first time and had a "friendly hw" running into my SG. I was trying to tell him what to do and about that time my SG started kicking my ass.
SoBe Green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2007, 12:17 AM   #13
lollerskates

I killed two people and one sentry gun (!) with tranq darts during a single round. One dart for each.
lollerskates is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2007, 03:09 AM   #14
-=bingo-bango=-
Spirit Studios

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Blue Team
Send a message via AIM to -=bingo-bango=- Send a message via MSN to -=bingo-bango=-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuk3m
a hilarious moment when i was playing spy, and i sabotaged someones SG on 2morfort in the flagroom, stood by the elevator and watched as the SG took out two engis hammering away on it, a soldier who was totally oblvious to it, as well as an enemy spy cutting through the room, and then the damn engi again, going to repair it before it blew up lol. then i proceeded to steal the flag and cap it

U ASSHOLE

that may most possible have been my sg
-=bingo-bango=- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2007, 03:35 AM   #15
Krylon

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I was playing some late night FF last night. I was tired but I thought I could get some fun time in. Joined a random server with Dustbowl on and had fun for a while playing as a Soldier. Then I switched to Engineer.

I'm a very paranoid Engy. I often shoot everyone to make sure they aren't a spy. Had my SG up at a high place somewhere and every time someone would come near it, I'd shoot them.

Three teamkills later, I realized that friendly fire was on.

Old 09-28-2007, 04:32 AM   #16
Nuk3m
Banned

Class/Position: Scout / Offense
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: :e0: Founder
Send a message via AIM to Nuk3m
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=bingo-bango=-
U ASSHOLE

that may most possible have been my sg
lol it prolly was. it WAS the same night i ran into you on UK CTF 4 server
Nuk3m is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2007, 06:45 AM   #17
Mulchman MM
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Mulchman MM Send a message via AIM to Mulchman MM Send a message via MSN to Mulchman MM Send a message via Yahoo to Mulchman MM Send a message via Skype™ to Mulchman MM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylon
Three teamkills later, I realized that friendly fire was on.
rofl

Old 09-28-2007, 04:06 PM   #18
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
This one's more about other's inexperience.

But I hoped onto a DB map awhile back. It was round 1 about 4 minutes in, I joined red, the flag was in the yard close to the cap. I went pyro and focused on whoring the nade pack.

By the time blue finally capped, there were only 5 minutes left in the match. I had over double the kills than the next highest person on my team. The only reason they capped is because my team got aggressive and started defending the first yard again. One guy slipped by and got the cap.

10 second respawn on nades + pyro whoring = mass carnage. I love it! They still can't hold the gates very well like the demo can. But they'll defend that nade pack like a machine.

Like I said though it was a group of inexperienced people, and I know I won't be able to pull that off again too often.

Cheers,
Hammock
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2007, 01:08 AM   #19
lollerskates

When you set off three sabotaged sentry guns at once, the carnage is... unbelievable.

I had a lot of fun on dustbowl, sabotating enemy sentries during the last round. At one point I believe I went into the cap area, sabotaged a sentry gun, immediately stole a disguise from a nearby sniper and then sabotaged at least one more sentry gun. Nobody noticed a damn thing, probably because it was so chaotic.
lollerskates is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2007, 01:59 AM   #20
C-Aim
Better than Never

Noob moment that I caused (this was the day after the game went public): For some reason in a round of Well the engineers on the opposite team decided to set up 3 sgs on the FR bridge (two facing the cap point, one facing the front in a triangle formation). As a spy I went in and hacked all 3 while they watched me move from one SG to the next and then waited for one sad sap to stand in the middle of the triangle of death before I set off the sabotage.

Noob moment involving me (this is knowing that cloaking sets an SG on you): I entered the flag room on crossover as a spy disguised as an engineer and stood in a corner looking at a level 3 SG from across the room (waiting for the engineer to leave it). Then I thought to myself "this guy is going to start shooting me if I don't do something," so I waited for him to turn around for a second and I hit the cloak button so he would think I left. Needless to say that didn't end well.
C-Aim is offline   Reply With Quote